Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford...

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Same crappy experience. I should be able to trust my brand new car. I'm going to switch to another dealer to do my warranty work, and see if my experience gets any better.
I just got a call back from our dealership. They said itā€™s not the fuel injectors itā€™s a bad alternator and that itā€™s $ 1400 to replace, not covered under our warranty plus I will have to pay for the 200 diagnostics.
we just purchased this vehicle 4 months ago.
I am livid! And I donā€™t have 13 dollars I do t know what the heck Iā€™m gonna do

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This is my first Ford and will likely be my last. I never had more issues with a vehicle than with this one, and can't stand the dealer I go to anymore. I bought my BS OBX September 2021, and was so excited to have this vehicle, I was in love. I traded in my 2020 Hyundai Kona SEL plus. First issue I came across was the battery issues. I was on the highway at night, 200 miles from home, and every light in the car went out except the headlights, brake light was coming on, scary situation. I pulled over and pulled on the terminals to make sure they weren't loose. the dealer blamed it on me, said I never tightened it after I put aftermarket lights on, that was BS. Then I had a concern with the water pump and asked them to take a look, because I was losing coolant. They said it was fine. A week later, same thing. They tested it and water pump and coolant hose from the reservoir was leaking. Never got good gas milage since the day I drove it off the lot, steady under 20mpg. Had to change my tires before my first inspection, whale noises when I back up, and today took it in for chattering/grinding when turning at low speeds. I need a whole new rear end. For a car almost 2 years old, and almost $40,000, I shouldn't be having this much grief. I'm really sad because I thought this was going to be my favorite car. Wish I never traded my Kona. Definitely buyers remorse, and I don't seem to get much help with my dealer. Thinking about trading it in and getting another Hyundai. I am just tired. This car has been in the shop more than any vehicle I've owned. My 2017 base Elantra is more reliable. I don't think my relationship with ford is salvageable.
šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’ØšŸ˜®ā€šŸ’ØšŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

Ford Bronco Sport Having some serious buyers remorse... Probably my last Ford... 20230825_194845
There is a flip side to your story. I bought a 2021 Badlands that I ordered new and waited 7 months for arrival. I now have almost 22,000 nearly trouble free miles on it and still love it. I canā€™t explain away all the problems you are having but there are many good Broncos out there.

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
At one point I was considering jumping into the big one but they have a lot of issues too I am planning to change brand too in the future Iā€™m getting the new Land Cruiser my badlands is 18 months old and itā€™s having more issues than all the cars Iā€™ve own in the last 10 years combined

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I've owned many new vehicles over the decades and I have to say this BS is about the only one that scares me mechanically. No confidence at all. I got hooked up on the styling, size, retro look, etc. I wish the 2.0L was offered as an option. Having had a '19 MKC with a 2.0L without one issue, I trust that engine so much more than the 1.5L.

Rhel

Badlands
First Name
Rƶgnvaldur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There is always some cars in manufacturing line that is Money cars . Some cars are always braking down and endless troubles. For me thatā€™s was Land Rover then jeep my fords have always be minor trouble sometime nothing for years

yes many Hyundai is good cars Kona is good but old Tucson not for sample
so good luck with what you gonna do hope you will be lucky with next car

Last edited:

Rhel

Badlands
First Name
Rƶgnvaldur
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just got a call back from our dealership. They said itā€™s not the fuel injectors itā€™s a bad alternator and that itā€™s $ 1400 to replace, not covered under our warranty plus I will have to pay for the 200 diagnostics.
I am livid! And I donā€™t have 13 dollars I do t know what the heck Iā€™m gonna do
Thatā€™s just insane prise for replace

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's

prissychrissy72

Big Bend
First Name
Christa
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cmweeksart.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
I've owned many new vehicles over the decades and I have to say this BS is about the only one that scares me mechanically. No confidence at all. I got hooked up on the styling, size, retro look, etc. I wish the 2.0L was offered as an option. Having had a '19 MKC with a 2.0L without one issue, I trust that engine so much more than the 1.5L.
My previous Escape had the 2.0l so I knew I had to purchase a Badlands when considering the Bronco Sport. Itā€™s a great engine.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I had a '19 Edge that had the air conditioner compressor go bad. I only had 19000 miles on it, but it was about 1 month past the three-year warranty. The dealer wanted over $1ooo to replace it. I went directly to Ford and explained the situation. They arbitrated it and paid me $800 of my bill. I suggest you go over the dealer's head and see what you can resolve dealing directly with Ford. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This doesn't make any sense. The car is covered bumper-to-bumper for the first 3yr/36K miles. Unless you made some modification to the vehicle that damaged the alternator it should absolutely be covered under warranty.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
This doesn't make any sense. The car is covered bumper-to-bumper for the first 3yr/36K miles. Unless you made some modification to the vehicle that damaged the alternator it should absolutely be covered under warranty.
They are past the 3/36, power train doesn't cover it.

Does anyone have a full power train warranty breakdown on what specific components are covered?

An alternator went bad, it happened. Yeah maybe you think it should last longer than 2 years and I would be disappointed also. But consumers really are unrealistic and entitled these days. It's a USED car, it's man made, things will fail. Go to the selling dealer, call Ford, see if they will do anything, going into the dealer with demand and breathing fire won't get your anywhere.