Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I'm ok with the shifter, but I wish the G.O.A.T. dial was different. I want a big 'sport mode' button i can slam with out looking down when someone cuts me off.
My dog likes to sleep on the front seat. Her paws on the console. She has shifted the goat dial more than once. Different placement of that dial would be good. In the meantime, my pup is relegated to the back seat.
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
My dog likes to sleep on the front seat. Her paws on the console. She has shifted the goat dial more than once. Different placement of that dial would be good. In the meantime, my pup is relegated to the back seat.
actually i agree on the goat mode dial. it would be nice up on the dash somewhere. most trucks and suvs have them up on the dash. but hey, c‘est la vie.

haroldqjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I'm ok with the shifter, but I wish the G.O.A.T. dial was different. I want a big 'sport mode' button i can slam with out looking down when someone cuts me off.
I wish they had a favorite button in the extra area around the goat dial where you can assign a favorite drive mode and quick swap to it.

BRedi

Big Bend
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Half the problem is with my stress-addled head, and half is the design of the dial shifter. About 3 times now, I’ve accidentally shifted from Reverse into Park, meaning to shift to Drive. It’s just soo easy to turn it the wrong way. Only once did I hear the pawls grind in the transmission, but it gave me the heebie jeebies. I have never done this with a normal handle shifter.

Anyone else have this issue? Any tricks to prevent it?
I thought I would get used to the gear shift but haven't. Almost ran into a brick wall the other day when I shifted to drive instead of reverse.

Only suggestion is to add a piece of tape on the side for feeling a certain gear. Hope it works for me before I smash into a wall.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I went from driving stick to the silly dial. No issues really. My biggest gripe actually is the pause that the ecu gives after switching from R to D. You press gas and nothing happens for a second.
This is my first auto car and I never expected broken u turns and parallel parking being slower than manual.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Never had a problem with the dial buttons but would prefer the Goat to be on the dash simply so I could have a bigger junk box, errr as you were, a bigger center console storage box.
I don’t let my dog in the front.
I’ve never miss operated the dial, I think before I shift.
BUT I’d prefer the old style gear shift on the column. Hey, the Bronco sport would be cooler, more retro right !
Plus while bouncing along in 4x4 Nirvana my coffee could spill all over and not short out my transmission controls.
Also wish the whole carpet thing was not there, I so want a rubber floor, quick release seats.
So I could hose out my mud buggy:,P

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Never had a problem with the dial buttons but would prefer the Goat to be on the dash simply so I could have a bigger junk box, errr as you were, a bigger center console storage box.
I don’t let my dog in the front.
I’ve never miss operated the dial, I think before I shift.
BUT I’d prefer the old style gear shift on the column. Hey, the Bronco sport would be cooler, more retro right !
Plus while bouncing along in 4x4 Nirvana my coffee could spill all over and not short out my transmission controls.
Also wish the whole carpet thing was not there, I so want a rubber floor, quick release seats.
So I could hose out my mud buggy:,P
Order that floor direct from Ford , I think it would be available .

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I’ve had the dial for a couple years, first in my Edge now in the BS. Ive grown to love it, and I especially like the auto shift to park when you shut the car off. I really like the extra space in the cabin from the dial shifter.

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Half the problem is with my stress-addled head, and half is the design of the dial shifter. About 3 times now, I’ve accidentally shifted from Reverse into Park, meaning to shift to Drive. It’s just soo easy to turn it the wrong way. Only once did I hear the pawls grind in the transmission, but it gave me the heebie jeebies. I have never done this with a normal handle shifter.

Anyone else have this issue? Any tricks to prevent it?
While parking I've rotated the handle into drive thinking I turned it into parked positions. Almost hit the car in front of me a couple times. Takes time to get used to

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
While parking I've rotated the handle into drive thinking I turned it into parked positions. Almost hit the car in front of me a couple times. Takes time to get used to
We’re you in reverse at the time? if You get in habit of turning off car you won’t have to worry bout moving it to park.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
It seems I am a rarity in this dial opinion but I love it. I love that if you just turn off the vehicle it will auto park, love if you open the door and you have the stop assist engaged it will auto park also. I have never had issue going into the wrong gear though... it turns in the exact same direction as a traditional tree shifter in the same order even.

I do love all things techy though and feel vehicles have been playing catch-up for decades.
Sponsored