AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My dog likes to sleep on the front seat. Her paws on the console. She has shifted the goat dial more than once. Different placement of that dial would be good. In the meantime, my pup is relegated to the back seat.
My dog has bumped the automatic hand shifter in my Tacoma.
Between the front seats. Knocked it out of gear into neutral while we were driving.
Be thankful the shift knob in BS will not be allowed to be bumped out of drive while driving.

( my salesman also told me that it has a precautionary feature that it will not go into park or reverse while driving
Sponsored

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
1800 miles and still looking for the shifter and the emergency brake pedal. I stopped using my wife's Explorer Sport just to train my brain.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The dial was one of the things that sold me it just a smart thing to do. It's nice to see a company improve/replace old tech.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
I was a little unsure about what I thought of the dial shifter but my fondness for the vehicle outweighs any negative thoughts on the shifter. I told myself to just get used to it. The car itself kicks butt!

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I hope I'm not imagining things, but I just got my 2022 BL to replace a 2021 that was destroyed, and I could have sworn that on the 2021, the dial would stop spinning when you reached park. On my new one, I can keep turning the dial to the left even after park (though it obviously doesn't do anything).

Am I dreaming that my 2021 didn't do this?

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
Interesting, OB here and the knob will not rotate pass the options.

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I hope I'm not imagining things, but I just got my 2022 BL to replace a 2021 that was destroyed, and I could have sworn that on the 2021, the dial would stop spinning when you reached park. On my new one, I can keep turning the dial to the left even after park (though it obviously doesn't do anything).

Am I dreaming that my 2021 didn't do this?
That is a improvement for 22 , but I fail to understand exactly how . I hope it does not go away like the engine cover did in mid 2021 .

Ford Bronco Sport Hate this dial shifter… AF58179B-514A-4201-A982-E17640D73E66

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
On my yukon the shifting is done with buttons on the dash, push for P, pull for R, push for N, pull for D, it took a while to get used to. When I put it in park I'll open the door and jump out with the engine still running because the push/start button is behind the steering wheel and hard to see, I forget its there, I like where the one is on the bronco is located

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I was sure I was going to hate the shifter but the car is so cool I could deal with it. Turns out I don't mind it at all. Our Passport has a push button shifter where the lever would be. It's not as bad as I thought it might be either but the annoying thing is there is what feels like a couple second delay after you press the button to when it engages. Also, you always have to push the brakes to change gears so when you are in neutral in a car wash, you have to push the brakes to put it back into drive at the end. The BS does not seem to have a noticeable delay and you can shift from N to D without pushing the brake.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
When I first got my '21 BS I wondered how I was going to like the dial but honestly once I used it a couple of times I really do like it. For one thing it saves some space, with modern automatic transmissions you really don't need a gearshift. The Bronco has a gearshift and from what I've heard the prototype had a dial but feedback made them change it back. I think about the space it takes up on my Bronco and how much easier it would be to access things like the controls or the cubby without having the gearshift in the way. Unless you have a manual a gearshift just isn't necessary anymore.
Sponsored