Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
There is one thing that stopped me from doing this. A non refundable deposit. That puts me in a posistion of no more choices or options. As much as I have learned from these forums Trusting all of you and them with $1000 is a hard trigger to pull. I definatly was quoted a good price, but I have never met eye to eye face to face with either you or them. Unless of course somebody wants to give me a G?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Since I was dealing with them on the full size forum for several years now, it was a no brainer for me. But, they do require a 1K non refundable deposit and you will wait another 4-6 months for a Badlands, a bit less for the other trims. If you were just starting the ordering process. I’d say switch for sure. But……

Broncosprt57

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS badlands
I purchased from granger back in August. They were fantastic, my buddy ordered an F150 that should be ready by the end of the month. As far as the $1000 goes, when his order was significantly delayed along with other bronco orders they did offer the $1000 back. I think it’s more or less for the non serious buyers that arbitrarily want to back out for no other reason than change of kind, they’re very flexible and run an honest business.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
There is one thing that stopped me from doing this. A non refundable deposit. That puts me in a posistion of no more choices or options. As much as I have learned from these forums Trusting all of you and them with $1000 is a hard trigger to pull. I definatly was quoted a good price, but I have never met eye to eye face to face with either you or them. Unless of course somebody wants to give me a G?
I get it, but that is an expensive way to live if the alternative is to ultimately pay more elsewhere.

The way you describe this, it's as if you are describing an ebay purchase. Granger is a legitimate Ford dealership, and with ecommerce, you can't ask for more positive word of mouth. All things considered, feels like a fairly safe path to walk down.

I'm in Atlanta. I hesitated at the nonrefundable deposit until I made peace with myself that this was something I was committed to buying. My hesitation had more to do with me possibly changing my mind about the purchase, but I was never concerned about Granger not being good for holding up their end. They saved me around $5,000 from doing a local deal.

But one must do what one is comfortable with!

Last edited:

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Yeah, I kind of felt the same way also.

Back in April I felt like upgrading my 21 OB to a 21/22 BL. Looked locally and, unsurprised, non existed or they were charging quite a bit over MSRP.

I looked into Granger and another dealer in N.J. (which had no deposit requirement). Granger, by far, beat every other price. They spec'd the one I wanted for a hair under $39k. I knew about them so as others stated, I was not afraid I would get scammed, screwed, etc ... My thought was, "crap, what if something turns up locally (saving me money from shipping, plane ticket, saving me two-three days of driving), and i've got $1k tied up there"? Or, "maybe the OB is actually good enough for me." Now, big picture, $1k probably wouldn't have broken the bank, but $1k is still $1k.

I backed out because of that reason. That same month I found a 21 BL in Kodiak Brown (the color I originally was looking for back when I first decided I wanted a BS in 2021) only 6 hours away from me. Was it more expensive than what Granger quoted me? Yup. Did they offer me more on my OB to offset the difference? Yup. Was it brand new? No, but only 1,200 miles, so close enough.

@Winds of Change long story short: be somewhat patient and the right deal for you will find its way.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I get it, but that is an expensive way to live if the alternative is to ultimately pay more elsewhere.

The way you describe this, it's as if you are describing an ebay purchase. Granger is a legitimate Ford dealership, and with ecommerce, you can't ask for more positive word of mouth. All things considered, feels like a fairly safe path to walk down.

I'm in Atlanta. I hesitated at the nonrefundable deposit until I made peace with myself that this was something I was committed to buying. My hesitation had more to do with me possibly changing my mind about the purchase, but I was never concerned about Granger not being good for holding up their end. They saved me around $5,000 from doing a local deal.

Atlanta, eh? How was/is the market up there with regards to BS? I live about two hours south of you in Warner Robins and dealerships are just now (within the last six months) starting to tack on the ADP onto Bronco Sports.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Most on the Bronco Sport are not as familiar with Granger. They have been very active on the 6g forum for many years.
I went out there last year to test drive the full-size. Was treated extremely well. They never asked for identification, insurance, nothing! we drove them both for about an hour.

With regards to the 1000.00 non refundable deposit, that only happens when they know it will be built in a reasonable time frame. It’s a bit of a different picture with the full-size.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Atlanta, eh? How was/is the market up there with regards to BS? I live about two hours south of you in Warner Robins and dealerships are just now (within the last six months) starting to tack on the ADP onto Bronco Sports.
If I could have bought a Badlands Sport, spec’d the way I wanted it, for MSRP faster than ordering it I would have. There are some decent dealerships in the area, Atkin’s Ford is a notable one, but their inventory is still super limited. Most other dealers are charging ADP.

Last edited:

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Bit the bullet and put in my Granger order today. Confirmed by Ford within 2 minutes. Granger processed everything super quick. Thanks to Savannah and the team.

BTW: Went with Silver Big Bend, Conv. Package, Cargo Management, Rubber Seatback. MSRP $35,015; $33,010 through Granger.

The price savings on a BB probably doesn't justify the trip to Iowa from Texas. I mainly went with Granger because I am in no hurry and I don't want the BS. Obviously, the more expensive the build, the bigger the savings. If you are getting a BL w/ PP, you would be saving well over $3k off MSRP. Not to mention the ADM that so many dealers are still getting. Nah, I think a late Spring/Summer drive from Iowa sounds pretty nice...

onceforall

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
hooray! my Granger order just got scheduled. Now, if the one year old Mav order would get picked too, it will make pickup/shipping a lot easier.

"We are excited to let you know your 2023 Bronco Sport Big Bend™ has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of February 27, 2023.

In your next order status email, we will provide you an estimated delivery window of when your vehicle will arrive at Granger Motors, Inc.. While you wait, check out the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below.

We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: 3FMCR9B64PRD38516
."

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bit the bullet and put in my Granger order today. Confirmed by Ford within 2 minutes. Granger processed everything super quick. Thanks to Savannah and the team.

BTW: Went with Silver Big Bend, Conv. Package, Cargo Management, Rubber Seatback. MSRP $35,015; $33,010 through Granger.

The price savings on a BB probably doesn't justify the trip to Iowa from Texas. I mainly went with Granger because I am in no hurry and I don't want the BS. Obviously, the more expensive the build, the bigger the savings. If you are getting a BL w/ PP, you would be saving well over $3k off MSRP. Not to mention the ADM that so many dealers are still getting. Nah, I think a late Spring/Summer drive from Iowa sounds pretty nice...
You'll find that the folks at Granger are as nice as the folks in Texas. Plus it's an easy shot down 35.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
hooray! my Granger order just got scheduled. Now, if the one year old Mav order would get picked too, it will make pickup/shipping a lot easier.

"We are excited to let you know your 2023 Bronco Sport Big Bend™ has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of February 27, 2023.

In your next order status email, we will provide you an estimated delivery window of when your vehicle will arrive at Granger Motors, Inc.. While you wait, check out the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below.

We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: 3FMCR9B64PRD38516
."
I signed all of my paperwork and fly to Des Moines tomorrow to pick up my BSBL from Granger. They have been great to work with throughout the process!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I signed all of my paperwork and fly to Des Moines tomorrow to pick up my BSBL from Granger. They have been great to work with throughout the process!
Congratulations! You will find they are great even at delivery time. No arm twisting, trying to sell you nitrogen for your tires or interior protection packages.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver

."
I also got this email today scheduling mine for the same week. Pretty quick turnaround from order to scheduled (9 days). Maybe Ford has gotten their systems working better at Hermosillo. Pretty excited. I was thinking delivery around June, but maybe April/May?

onceforall

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Yes, April/May IMO. I venture to say that BS inventory is stacking up on dealer lots, and there aren't nearly as many customer orders vs a year ago. Last I checked, Granger had a dozen higher trim BS on their lot for sale. None of them had 360+, thus my order..
Sponsored