Got A Demonstration Of The Pre Collision Assist System Yesterday

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Driving 45 MPH or so down the road, suddenly a large red arrow and text about pre collision assist being on, also loud warning tone. Mrs. Flash and I jerking our heads around wondering what was about to happen.

False alarm. I didn't even know my Bronco came with that, so I looked into it in the manual. Turns out there's a camera and radar in the front, so when I got home I looked at both.

Large bugs were splattered on both and it looks like that's what caused the alert. You can adjust the sensitivity and even turn it off (I think) but I'm going to see what happens now that I've cleaned the bugs off.

Definitely got our undivided attention though.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah it's a no doubter. Had a less than talented Starbucks selfie-shooting distracted driver come to an unexpected stop Infront of me. I stopped quickly (old athletes die hard) but the warning screen screeched and lit up in a hurry

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Driving 45 MPH or so down the road, suddenly a large red arrow and text about pre collision assist being on, also loud warning tone. Mrs. Flash and I jerking our heads around wondering what was about to happen.

False alarm. I didn't even know my Bronco came with that, so I looked into it in the manual. Turns out there's a camera and radar in the front, so when I got home I looked at both.

Large bugs were splattered on both and it looks like that's what caused the alert. You can adjust the sensitivity and even turn it off (I think) but I'm going to see what happens now that I've cleaned the bugs off.

Definitely got our undivided attention though.
False alarm ? or Flash alarm?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Am I the only one that feel like this encourages texting while driving? It makes me feel safer doing it.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Um....NO. false sense of security? besides, Ohio drivers are dangerous enough?
Did I just prove your point?

I do think it’s cool for a another alert. Most likely I would be reaching back to hand my Kid a fry or dodging the toys he decides to throw at the windshield because he’s bored.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Did I just prove your point?

I do think it’s cool for a another alert. Most likely I would be reaching back to hand my Kid a fry or dodging the toys he decides to throw at the windshield because he’s bored.
Nah I'm just messing because I know you get me and realize I'm not serious. Some are easily offended by joking banter. You just use the material as your own ad lib punchline.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
The warning went off a few times for me. Half the time it's false positive. Other half it's me closing the gap on car in front that's changing lanes. It's nice to have, I guess.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was driving and right before I switched to the off ramp it went off on me. Honestly it took my eyes off the road just trying to figure out what was happening. It was its own little distraction over a non-issue. I assume it was because there was a car stopped in the same lane ahead of me, but again the off ramp was just before that.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
No one is saying this thing actually brakes for you like some tv ads show. I think I actually had a warning screen once but didn’t recall any braking. Is it supposed to?

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
No one is saying this thing actually brakes for you like some tv ads show. I think I actually had a warning screen once but didn’t recall any braking. Is it supposed to?
Omg those ads are infuriating. Please be a clueless distracted driver and don't worry about murdering anyone. Another one that makes me mad is all wheel drive on road cars. You're automatically a Colin McRae of you buy this.

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
The warning went off a few times for me. Half the time it's false positive. Other half it's me closing the gap on car in front that's changing lanes. It's nice to have, I guess.
And your insurance company likes it too! In Florida which freely imports bad drivers I am looking forward to co pilot assist!

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It breaks for you. I felt the peddle drop right b4 I stepped on it on my BL. Makes driving in the city much better.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Nah I'm just messing because I know you get me and realize I'm not serious. Some are easily offended by joking banter. You just use the material as your own ad lib punchline.
Better than your other half screaming at you ,now that is scary ?.
Sponsored