OP
Flash

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Better than your other half screaming at you ,now that is scary ?.
Had a cop pull me over the other day. When he got to my window, he said "do you know your wife fell out of the car a couple of miles back there?"

I said "thank God, I thought I'd gone deaf."
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
And your insurance company likes it too! In Florida which freely imports bad drivers I am looking forward to co pilot assist!
Consider the high rate of new yorkers, Ohioans, and elderly Michigan driver's yep. Many years ago on the I-4 car ahead of us drove 55, then a mile later 45, then 55...45. this repeated for about ten miles and I finally just passed them. As we drove by, the driver appeared to be Japanese, probably on his way to Disney, couldn't read the signs but saw 55 (limit) then 45 (minimum) and thought boy Americans are dumb...kind of felt sorry for him having driven in Europe and basically guessing.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Consider the high rate of new yorkers, Ohioans, and elderly Michigan driver's yep. Many years ago on the I-4 car ahead of us drove 55, then a mile later 45, then 55...45. this repeated for about ten miles and I finally just passed them. As we drove by, the driver appeared to be Japanese, probably on his way to Disney, couldn't read the signs but saw 55 (limit) then 45 (minimum) and thought boy Americans are dumb...kind of felt sorry for him having driven in Europe and basically guessing.
You always gotta bring up Ohio! ?

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
Driving 45 MPH or so down the road, suddenly a large red arrow and text about pre collision assist being on, also loud warning tone. Mrs. Flash and I jerking our heads around wondering what was about to happen.

False alarm. I didn't even know my Bronco came with that, so I looked into it in the manual. Turns out there's a camera and radar in the front, so when I got home I looked at both.

Large bugs were splattered on both and it looks like that's what caused the alert. You can adjust the sensitivity and even turn it off (I think) but I'm going to see what happens now that I've cleaned the bugs off.

Definitely got our undivided attention though.
And Subaru owners found that the sun has a similar effect on their system, it can be switched off or toned down.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Driving 45 MPH or so down the road, suddenly a large red arrow and text about pre collision assist being on, also loud warning tone. Mrs. Flash and I jerking our heads around wondering what was about to happen.

False alarm. I didn't even know my Bronco came with that, so I looked into it in the manual. Turns out there's a camera and radar in the front, so when I got home I looked at both.

Large bugs were splattered on both and it looks like that's what caused the alert. You can adjust the sensitivity and even turn it off (I think) but I'm going to see what happens now that I've cleaned the bugs off.

Definitely got our undivided attention though.
Still a few bugs to work out!
Sponsored