dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Bad news: So my dealer royally screwed up my order. Wrong Exterior color, Wrong interior, none of the options I wanted

Good news: a plane jane Shadow Black Badlands with Area 51 cloth interior .. no additional options will be available soon. I just got an email from Ford this morning that its built and will be arriving at the dealership around Jan 7-13th.

So if anyone is interested.. Planet Ford I-45 will have that.

The dealership and Ford has left a bad taste in my mouth, so with that I bow out of this forum as well as I will be moving on to something else.

Good luck to all and I hope everyone enjoys the heck out of their Bronco Sport!!! Happy Holidays, Happy New Year.. and good riddance to 2020 for me.
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
The dealership and Ford has left a bad taste in my mouth, so with that I bow out of this forum as well as I will be moving on to something else.

Good luck to all and I hope everyone enjoys the heck out of their Bronco Sport!!! Happy Holidays, Happy New Year.. and good riddance to 2020 for me.
Topping off 2020's crap-show with a bang, it appears. Sorry to hear it went off the rails. There are a LOT of disgruntled potential buyers bailing out on the big Bronco per the Bronco6G sister site. Primarily due to Ford's mishandling of the rollout.

Happy Holidays to you too and best wishes for your new quest, whatever it may be.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
At's why I buy off the lot. I have never and will never pre order or special order.

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What did you decide to change to?
I’d like to know too.
My second pick would probably be a Cherokee Trailhawk, even though they have a pretty uninspired style. I will say that Jeep has some sales that are currently going on these.

OP
OP
dreamwrx

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I haven't decided yet.

I test drove the Wrangler Unlimited EcoDiesel today.. Great power.. Obviously great off-road. OK on road.. but it feels a bit small inside.

The Cherokee and Grand Cherokee's look meh.. but the Grand Cherokee is available in the EcoDiesel too so I may want to test drive that.

My other choice would be a 4Runner.. but I have yet to test drive that.

Backups: Honda Passport AWD; Mazda CX5 Turbo.. but those don't have good off road capabilities.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
My other choice would be a 4Runner.. but I have yet to test drive that.
Gen6 4Runner is rumored to be coming for 2022, with talk of it being a straight 6 with turbo, if you can wait awhile.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
Gen6 4Runner is rumored to be coming for 2022, with talk of it being a straight 6 with turbo, if you can wait awhile.
Yea my problem with buying a new 4 Runner was how old the platform was. I'd love to see what they have cooking for the new one.... I think in a couple of years it'll end up being the full size Bronco or the 4Runner for me.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yea my problem with buying a new 4 Runner was how old the platform was. I'd love to see what they have cooking for the new one.... I think in a couple of years it'll end up being the full size Bronco or the 4Runner for me.
My only issue with the 4Runner is the MPG. But you can't beat the reliability.

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
I am in the same boat, I drove the car and it didnt illicit the same emotional response as when I saw the reveal video and my hype levels were off the charts. I did recently test a 4runner and that is an awesome truck but as other commenters said I would wait a little while to see if gen 6 comes out since despite all the good from gen 5 it is a seriously dated platform and 16mpg is tough to stomach.

Im not sure what I will be buying but ive been testing all kinds of small to midsize suvs,
4runner
Outback
Forrester
Telluride
Bmw X5
Bmw X3
Volvo XC60
Porsche Macan
Honda Passport, Pilot, Cr-v

After doing all my testing I discovered that I think I want a car suited to pure on road experience rather than an off roader due to the fact that I spend 95%+ of my time on pavement and I have never gone overlanding or trail diving before, I think it was something that felt 'cool' vs something I know I would use. plus the FE features disaster really soured me to ford in general.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
After doing all my testing I discovered that I think I want a car suited to pure on road experience rather than an off roader due to the fact that I spend 95%+ of my time on pavement and I have never gone overlanding or trail diving before, I think it was something that felt 'cool' vs something I know I would use. plus the FE features disaster really soured me to ford in general.
"Pure, on road experience and 95% time on pavement." I would certainly add the CX-5, especially in one of the higher trim levels, to that list you compiled. I had a 2016 that I recently traded for a 2020 for my wife and they have definitely moved upline. At least read some reviews.

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
"Pure, on road experience and 95% time on pavement." I would certainly add the CX-5, especially in one of the higher trim levels, to that list you compiled. I had a 2016 that I recently traded for a 2020 for my wife and they have definitely moved upline. At least read some reviews.
Sounds good I will add it to my list of things to test! Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
dreamwrx

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I've driven a CX-5... definitely nice especially with the new turbo engine.

I would love to wait for a 2022 4Runner.. but alas I can't. I don't have the luxury of multiple cars like others and my car has been dead for 3 months already. I am currently going between my wife's car and my mother in laws' and hate not having my own car. So I will be buying a car soon.

Also if I were to wait for the 2023 4Runner.. I might as well wait for the Bronco.

I am going to try to test drive the Jeep Grand Cherokee with the EcoDiesel.. but thanks for the info on the recall. That engine is really nice though, scary amount of torque.
Sponsored

Last edited: