Good time for Ford to use funds elsewhere

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford announced that it is cutting back funding for EV development. They like every other manufacturer have figured out that people don't want to pay the premium for electric vehicles.
I have an idea however, maybe they can spend some dollars on developing brake pads that don't continue to shed brake dust after 26,000 miles. Just a thought 🤔

Ford Bronco Sport Good time for Ford to use funds elsewhere PXL_20231027_210108627.MP
Sponsored

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Not just Ford almost all brake pads shed dust.

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Ford announced that it is cutting back funding for EV development. They like every other manufacturer have figured out that people don't want to pay the premium for electric vehicles.
I have an idea however, maybe they can spend some dollars on developing brake pads that don't continue to shed brake dust after 26,000 miles. Just a thought 🤔

Ford Bronco Sport Good time for Ford to use funds elsewhere PXL_20231027_210108627.MP
All brake pads shed dust. It's a wear item. Ever take a drum off a drum brake system? Use the car wash more often.

OP
OP

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is 2 days after a hand wash and after 25,000 miles on these pads. I've had Jeeps and Landcruisers and this has never been a issue. Just junk pads.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is 2 days after a hand wash and after 25,000 miles on these pads. I've had Jeeps and Landcruisers and this has never been a issue. Just junk pads.
They're not junk. They are high-friction pads, which typically shed more material.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands

My '04 BMW X3 was a brake dust generator like this. After spending a lot of money on wheel cleaner, I finally just gave up and accepted the "new" look with dirty wheels.
Edit: No other car I've owned made brake dust like that car, not the VWs (Bugs, Rabbits and Golfs), not my '17 Escape, and not the '88 Pontiac Fiero.

Last edited:

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71

FORD doesn’t make brake pads

This is normal.

not junk. Normal.

Now are they organic or metallic = cheaper? yes. but not junk

Ceramic and or carbon pads are more expensive and produce less particles when applied but they have their setbacks. y’all can look that up.
They will leave the wheels cleaner and leaving you with the impression that you have a superior brakes.…that is until you drive in a rain storm among other conditions that will leave you wishing you stayed with OEM

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Not just Ford almost all brake pads shed dust.
There are already pads that can be had that don't shed dust like metallic...they call them ceramic pads. The issue is the braking power. metallic and semi metallic are made to stop better when towing or hauling heavy loads.
Sponsored