max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
Dog stepped on traction control button, locked dif., unlocked trac. control, in general if he had thumbs I'd be in a mess. Is there a cover available to prevent button pushing?
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you've got an antsy pup, definitely get him a harness with a seat belt attachment and keep him in the backseat. Not safe for you nor him if he's bouncing around the vehicle enough to accidentally push buttons.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
i See this all the time. my brother almost wrecked his super duty because of the dog in his lap. Border Collie I think she is. Cute but not a small dog. How is this not illegal. Iā€™m in a beach town right now. Dogs everywhere not on leashes or secured. dogs on the lap sticking heads out the window living their best lifeā€¦great, but the driver is basically impaired. what about the peoples lives in the car on the other laneā€¦which you canā€™t see because dog is blocking blind spot/ rear view. Think.

People everywhere not taking responsibility for their animals.

loss of attention
loss of situational awareness
cant reach controls or manipulate them
and now, dogs trampling on the drivetrain controls

They donā€™t comprehend safety or consequences ā€¦ like children. they donā€™t get jail time or community service. They live in the moment.

You are not punishing your animal by leashing it and putting it in the cargo area which the BS has. A perfect spot for pups.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You might be able to get someone to 3D print one for you. I havenā€™t seen anyone offering commercially, but then I havenā€™t been looking.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
i See this all the time. my brother almost wrecked his super duty because of the dog in his lap. Border Collie I think she is. Cute but not a small dog. How is this not illegal. Iā€™m in a beach town right now. Dogs everywhere not on leashes or secured. dogs on the lap sticking heads out the window living their best lifeā€¦great, but the driver is basically impaired. what about the peoples lives in the car on the other laneā€¦which you canā€™t see because dog is blocking blind spot/ rear view. Think.

People everywhere not taking responsibility for their animals.

loss of attention
loss of situational awareness
cant reach controls or manipulate them
and now, dogs trampling on the drivetrain controls

They donā€™t comprehend safety or consequences ā€¦ like children. they donā€™t get jail time or community service. They live in the moment.

You are not punishing your animal by leashing it and putting it in the cargo area which the BS has. A perfect spot for pups.
I hear you. I couldn't imagine trying to drive with our Collie in the front seat, nevermind on my lap. She's phenomenal in the car and will just lay in the backseat immediately and not make a peep (except for occasional grumbles if she realizes we're not yet at the park šŸ˜†). We did clip her in as a puppy and reinforce good behavior in the vehicle with praise and treats. As much as I love Maple, I'd never let her ride up front. On top of the distractions for me, an accident could kill her.
Ford Bronco Sport Goat control button cover 20220423_164409

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
How many more people are going to feel the need to preach to the OP about where a dog should be in their vehicle? We know nothing about the dog or where the OP was driving when the dog stepped on the GOAT sensor switch.

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
How many more people are going to feel the need to preach to the OP about where a dog should be in their vehicle? We know nothing about the dog or where the OP was driving when the dog stepped on the GOAT sensor switch.
This is where I'm at lol. This seemed to escalate excessively - a good message, granted, but still. I'd gladly 3D print something for you OP. Sadly my Bronco sport isn't born yet...but with some dimensions and photos I could make something.

Could probably even make it so you can still press buttons through cutouts smaller than doggo's paws

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gather it has happened and will keep happening.

I thought I might need some kind of cover for myself. Iā€™ve gotten drivetrain lights from resting things on those selectors. Need to keep that area completely clear. Problem solved. Itā€™s a vehicle, not a junk drawer or a lounge.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Seriously. Wait until everyone hears this was done while he was parked, ignition off at a park, with the keys in the cargo area, four wheels were chocked.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Preach brotha preach

PonyBoy79

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is where I'm at lol. This seemed to escalate excessively - a good message, granted, but still. I'd gladly 3D print something for you OP. Sadly my Bronco sport isn't born yet...but with some dimensions and photos I could make something.

Could probably even make it so you can still press buttons through cutouts smaller than doggo's paws
Iā€™d be interested in this too, I just made another thread about this exact issue.

I can care less what others are trying to preach, they donā€™t know my pup and my set up
Sponsored