Glad we didn't make this list (10 least reliable SUVs)

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Iā€™m telling you guys this and if Iā€™m lying Iā€™m dying.
ā€˜Botsā€™ are writing these articles and some guy spit shines them up a bit. Some guy thatā€™s just another talking head gets the data and stats from some algorithm and spoon feeds this crap to the general public.
We will only know how good our BSā€™s are six or seven years from now when we have them in large numbers with a quarter million miles on at least a couple a hundred thousand Odometers.
Or,
If Ford discontinues the line.
From all of the Recalls, and horror stories in general, I don't know how the BS could have "not" made the list.
I waited until the 2022 model hoping that a majority of the items would have been resolved, or addressed.
I've had three bronco's in my 55 year driving lifetime, and fell in love with this the second I saw it, but I sure wouldn't recommend it to a friend.
From the day I picked it up, to my most recent triple trip to the Service dept. - only to find out that I had a faulty battery, it has been one problem after another.
I'm actually afraid to take it on a trip.
I just make a lot of short trips around town, and spend a lot of time washing it and shining it up to make it look pretty.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
From all of the Recalls, and horror stories in general, I don't know how the BS could have "not" made the list.
I waited until the 2022 model hoping that a majority of the items would have been resolved, or addressed.
I've had three bronco's in my 55 year driving lifetime, and fell in love with this the second I saw it, but I sure wouldn't recommend it to a friend.
From the day I picked it up, to my most recent triple trip to the Service dept. - only to find out that I had a faulty battery, it has been one problem after another.
I'm actually afraid to take it on a trip.
I just make a lot of short trips around town, and spend a lot of time washing it and shining it up to make it look pretty.
And mine and the few, right up here with me Iā€™ve talked to in person have not had any problems. Eight so far.
I suspect most of those problems are in the 2022 models. And so few in this forum, Interesting.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
And mine and the few, right up here with me Iā€™ve talked to in person have not had any problems. Eight so far.
I suspect most of those problems are in the 2022 models. And so few in this forum, Interesting.
I haven't had any problems with mine. My neighbor friend next street over has a "21 Base sport he bought new still has it and his wife has a '22 Badlands sport. Neither have had any problems so far. There are probably 200,000 sports out there now and yes some lemons problems but a lot of problem free ones are out there too.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
At 15 months and 13,500 miles, the only problem Iā€™ve encountered is the manual shift cable right out of the box. Since then my BS/BL has been perfect. Iā€™m always averaging 25-27/mpg. There are more good ones out there than bad. The bad ones get all the publicity.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
World-wide parts shortages forced manufacturers to use other-than-normal suppliers?
Then there is the ā€˜toolingā€™ up time for other suppliers right. I figured thatā€™s why the coveted engine covers get produced in such low numbers.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
There's good and bad in every vehicle line. Dodge pickups are known for lifter failure and transmission problems. My 2011 1/2 ton has been the most reliable rig I've ever owned and I have treated the transmission like it's a diesel dually.

Just gotta hope for one of the good ones. The wife and I are planning our first vacation (been together 14 years) this coming summer with the Bronco. 5,000 mile round trip from Idaho to Escanaba Michigan for the National trappers convention. If I planned it right we should be able to hit 12 states and maybe squeeze in the off rodeo in Moab on the way back through. Should be a great test.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
There's good and bad in every vehicle line.
Yup. Although it's likely little comfort for those dealing with a problem that Ford has delayed repairs for on their Bronco Sport, we are not alone.

https://jalopnik.com/2022-23-jeep-wrangler-4xe-recall-engine-shutoff-driving-1849855235
https://www.auto123.com/en/news/gm-chevrolet-recall-silverado-sierra-suburban-tahoe/66421/
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/11/06/vw-audi-recall-tire-pressure-rearview-camera/
(This is the result of 30 seconds with Google. There's more. Lots more.)

The wife and I are planning our first vacation (been together 14 years) this coming summer with the Bronco. 5,000 mile round trip from Idaho to Escanaba Michigan for the National trappers convention. If I planned it right we should be able to hit 12 states and maybe squeeze in the off rodeo in Moab on the way back through. Should be a great test.
This sounds like a great way to get to know your Big Bend!

Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Not surprised at VW. I came from an Alltrack. Loved the idea, and it was pretty cool to be pumping out nearly 300hp after a turbo upgrade. But that was the third turbo and the first two were OEM. I had also replaced the rear diff, and the second diff was making angry noises so I bailed. This was bought new, maintained to the letter, and driven 95% freeway miles on cruise control for a long commute.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
They are a website and a magazine only. Authors get paid to post content by the article. I met one of these guys at a Mecum auto auction in Monterrey. They donā€™t get paid much ā€¦.more articles more money.

Donā€™t believe anything you read on the internet or forum. Entertainment only. People have agendas and need an outlet.

that said, donā€™t believe me either I could be a Chinese bot.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Bronco Sport did make the list of unreliable SUV's

14 2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Predicted Reliability: 2/5
Ford
The Ford Bronco Sport was launched for the 2021 model year as a sibling model to the more rugged Bronco and is aimed more at millennials and those that want decent capability and a sportier appearance. The Bronco Sport features several engine choices depending on the trim level, mated to a smooth-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission and the standard all-wheel-drive system. Handling is good, the cabin has a decent amount of room, and the interior tech is easy to learn how to operate.

Reliability
In the last couple of years, however, the Bronco Sport has earned a reputation for having problematic brakes, major engine problems, and body integrity issues. Because of the problems based on previous model years, Consumer Reports has given the Ford Bronco Sport a predicted reliability rating of just 2 out of 5, which ā€“ believe it or not ā€“ is an improvement from last year's rating of 1 out of 5.

• Avg. Yearly Maintenance Costs: $775 (RepairPal)
  • Est. Maintenance Costs During First 10 Years: $7,750 (RepairPal (775x10))
  • Total Recalls: 3(ABS leak, fuel system leak, parking light short)
  • Worst Bronco Sport Year To Buy Used: 2022 Ford Bronco Sport (air and water leaks, brakes, engine, and transmission)

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
My 2021 BL with @ 21,000 miles:
Avg Yrly Maintenance Costs: $114 to date (serviced @ dealer prices)
Total Recalls Affecting My BL: 0 (TSBā€™s (4), none that were ā€œrequiredā€)
Biggest Complaints: key fob a little flakey when itā€™s really hot, rear brake ā€œsquallā€, wireless charger slow. I know work-around for fob when necessary. Donā€™t have to add backup ā€œbeeperā€ as brakes take care of ped warning. Donā€™t wireless charge my phone unless I have a long drive to do it in.

So much for believing everything CR has to say . . . šŸ™
Sponsored