RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We had a little weather event here in New England yesterday. I left home and it was just raining. The rain snow line was very sharp. Within 8 miles, snow covered roads and horrible visibility. Put the Sport in slippery mode. Drove to north central Massachusetts. Conditions deteriorate by the second. The Bronco Sport with original 41,000 mile tires performed like it was summer time. Very impressed. My destination had at least 18” of maybe one plow pass on the roads. Never faltered, no slipping, no pucker factor at all.
Sponsored

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
check out my video in of me hauling a Chevy Silverado out of a ditch on packed snow ice. Same trip I did a Tacoma trd too.

the 4x4/ locking diff in the sport is something else.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Personally, I'll never use slippery mode again. I tried it once in "medium" snow and found it very unnerving. I didn't like the lack of throttle response. I'm an old fart that learned to drive in the snow with just rear wheel drive and the throttle response was your friend. I've never cared for front wheel drive in the snow. I'd rather have the vehicle loose than tight.

But, back to your post. I find that the Badlands is great in the snow under just normal mode. Not sure if it acts different than your Big Bend or not.

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Outer Banks here. Had to make an appointment during that storm yesterday. I did it 90% of the way in slippery mode. It totally nailed it. But I agree that the throttle response is really bizarre.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I found slippery mode with winter tires to be worse than normal.

Not impressed.

2019 Escape AWD with 2.0 performed better.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Slippery mode is not for blasting around in snow like you would sand in the desert! It's to limit wheel spin, keeping tires planted and in control. For cautious, safe driving in bad street conditions. It is not for off-road, or for getting in and out of deep snow. It may not be the fastest way around in the snow, but It tends to keep you going in a straight line, or online around the turns-- it does the job. You can also do it's job with manual settings and controls, of course -- your choice.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I never cared for snow, nor driving in it. Bless all of you for putting up with it.

I live in Florida. No Snow. Hurricanes, yes. I can live with that, as I don't drive in them!

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
On Tuesday, during a monsoon-like downpour I switched to slippery mode and the BS BB performed like a champ. I liked it in the snow but holy crap it works well in the rain.

Andrezzi

First Edition
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
On Tuesday, during a monsoon-like downpour I switched to slippery mode and the BS BB performed like a champ. I liked it in the snow but holy crap it works well in the rain.
Never had problems driving in rain in normal mode can.t see a need for slippery ???? What kind of rain you guys have out there or SLOW DOWN .

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Never had problems driving in rain in normal mode can.t see a need for slippery ???? What kind of rain you guys have out there or SLOW DOWN .
Not sure what highway driving is like where you live, but out here slowing down is an invitation to get rear ended by some yahoo in a big truck. When I said “Monsoon”, I meant it.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I just turn the TC completely off and leave in regular mode. Thing goes everywhere. I prefer the control. Got over 2 feet here and just tooled through it all.
PS drift mode
I think the Normal mode does a pretty good job of adjusting power to the wheels on its own in most conditions. I took it on some loose sand and tried it in both Normal and Sand mode. No issues in Normal.

But when I put it in Sand, I could feel it was just a little more confident. I think the modes just make sure it's doing what Ford thinks is generally best for the conditions.

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
check out my video in of me hauling a Chevy Silverado out of a ditch on packed snow ice. Same trip I did a Tacoma trd too.

the 4x4/ locking diff in the sport is something else.
Link?
Sponsored