Ford Receives New Batch Of Chips, Prepares To Ship Thousands Of F-Series Pickups

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
No, It's not for the Bronco Sport but it's looking better.......... :sunglasses:

Now, however, the Detroit Free Press is reporting that Ford has received a new batch of chips that will allow it to ship thousands of Ford F-Series pickups to eager customers.

Full Article
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
OP
OP
ScareCrow

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have been reading about the F150 guys with 10/31 estimated delivery dates (link below). These trucks were built March/April and have been sitting while Ford shipped new complete trucks May/June. Ford has been completing/shipping some of the March/April trucks that have been sitting.

https://www.f150forum.com/f129/tracking-production-dates-jan-apr-30-2021-ramp-59d-salty-guys-503461/
Hopefully they will get their dream machines soon along with us.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
About time as my local Fo Mo Co dealer Is starting to look kinda anemic.
No kidding Drove by the dealership I dealt with for my order...only six new vehicles out in front...WOW! Three of them were Mach E. One BS Sport, Two Escapes. They normally would have well over a hundred new vehicles. Their used car inventory was getting really light. These dealership sales staffs are getting hit hard.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
All the Ford dealers around me empty lots maybe 10-20 cars when they used to have hundreds of cars to sell.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully they will get their dream machines soon along with us.
Some of the ppl on F150 forum have recently taken delivery of some that have been sitting since March/April. One guy said his came off car carrier covered in mud like someone took it mud bogging. Dealer cleaned it up and he drove it home next day. Those trucks been sitting three months and counting.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
To that point I know a lot of people are upset....how many years does it sit in the elements in your driveway? I know...I know... frustrating. I keep mine garaged when I am not driving it but it's still sitting. No miles on them.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Some of the ppl on F150 forum have recently taken delivery of some that have been sitting since March/April. One guy said his came off car carrier covered in mud like someone took it mud bogging. Dealer cleaned it up and he drove it home next day. Those trucks been sitting three months and counting.
Ouch. I was also thinking about wiring used in newer vehicles. Apparently additives used in wire jackets these days attract rodents (soy is it?). If it's applicable to Ford then I'd imagine some vehicles could have wire damage. I assume/hope there is some post plugging in chip QC that takes place.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
In normal times, remember them, vehicles would sit on dealer lots in Arizona and other hot climates months maybe a year or more before they are bought. What usually messes those vehicles up is scratches from washing or leaving car wash soap on and sun bakes it in.