Nothing I do will reconnect my Fordpass app to my car...

FBSBB

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I've tried reinstalling the app, I've chatted with very nice customer service people through the app itself and downloaded the updates to Sync 3 inside the vehicle as instructed to no avail. I'm at a point where I may have to take the vehicle in for service because of this. Anybody experience this? App shows my vehicle 2.1 miles away from where it is. AND says it's updated information. Can't remotely lock the doors or remote start which is one of the reasons I got this vehicle for very hot days in Florida to remotely turn the car on to cool down.
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I've tried reinstalling the app, I've chatted with very nice customer service people through the app itself and downloaded the updates to Sync 3 inside the vehicle as instructed to no avail. I'm at a point where I may have to take the vehicle in for service because of this. Anybody experience this? App shows my vehicle 2.1 miles away from where it is. AND says it's updated information. Can't remotely lock the doors or remote start which is one of the reasons I got this vehicle for very hot days in Florida to remotely turn the car on to cool down.
Have you or anyone tried Disconnecting the negative battery cable for say like 20 minutes to a half hour ? To hopefully boot the system.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes there is a way to fix this but you will need to supply more info as to what is not working in the FordPass App.

you stated you uninstalled the FordPass App, reinstalled the App and while you didn’t state which sync version you stated it is “latest”… can you confirm from the 8” Display settings that it shows: SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.4 Build 23188 PRODUCT?

and presumably you had to re-add your phone after installing the FordPass App?

Can you be more specific as to what is working in the FordPass App and what is not working?

Is the FordPass App working (you can see the tire pressure, see oil life remaining) but the only things not working are remotely lock the doors and remote start (and the vehicle is not showing on the map correctly)? Does that describe the issue?

OP
OP
FBSBB

FBSBB

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes there is a way to fix this but you will need to supply more info as to what is not working in the FordPass App.

you stated you uninstalled the FordPass App, reinstalled the App and while you didn’t state which sync version you stated it is “latest”… can you confirm from the 8” Display settings that it shows: SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.4 Build 23188 PRODUCT?

and presumably you had to re-add your phone after installing the FordPass App?

Can you be more specific as to what is working in the FordPass App and what is not working?

Is the FordPass App working (you can see the tire pressure, see oil life remaining) but the only things not working are remotely lock the doors and remote start (and the vehicle is not showing on the map correctly)? Does that describe the issue?
It is not the latest. I thought I had successfully downloaded but it still shows the old bill. Retrying now.

OP
OP
FBSBB

FBSBB

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
It is not the latest. I thought I had successfully downloaded but it still shows the old bill. Retrying now.
When I "scan for updates now" it tells me I'm up to date yet it still shows the 22251 build.

OP
OP
FBSBB

FBSBB

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
When I "scan for updates now" it tells me I'm up to date yet it still shows the 22251 build.
Have you or anyone tried Disconnecting the negative battery cable for say like 20 minutes to a half hour ? To hopefully boot the system.
I reset Fordpass which deauthorized my access. Then followed connection instructions on the app and everything is working now. Resetting Fordpass to factory settings in the vehicle solved the problem. Thanks all for your suggestions.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
That’s correct “scan for updates now" can tell a lie. Looking at what actually is installed seems to be necessary. Good luck with the 23188 install.
Sponsored