Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I've been getting these emails from Ford on the regular. Anyone else?

Ford Bronco Sport Ford pushing EVs hard? 1707317204671
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I have too... but we got our EV pickup fix by getting an R1T. I honestly don't think there is a legit comparison to the Lightening.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep .. itā€™s working now I think I need a Ford EV šŸ˜‚

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, and they're annoying. I already have one car payment from Ford. Don't want or need another. FWIW, Ford is desperate to unload the Lightnings and other BEVs nationally. They were down 11% over 2022. That's not good.

According to the Ford site, there's well over 100 within 100 miles of me of all trims for sale. A $95K MSRP Platinum locally is being advertised at $87K on the main Ford site as is. By the time you get negotiations hammered out, that might even be better but who is spending that kind of money on a truck, anyway? We're talking nearly 2x as expensive as my Heritage Limited was!

That means Ford is going to lose over $3.6M in just this region if they sold them all.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
They are pushing hard to get rid of inventory no one wants.

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'd be all for a plug-in hybrid type vehicle -- one that charges just enough to commute...

But a full-on electric vehicle? Doesn't suit my lifestyle. I like to go places where charging-stations are few and far between.

That said, if Ford wants to lend me an F-150 Lightning to test out for a few years... I'll do whatever I can to spread the word about how great they are.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford is loosing their a**es on EV's, they built to many and can't sell them. The Mach E is a decent deal if your into it, the Lightning is useless unless using it as a grocery getter or commuter, you'd be much better off with a Maverick hybrid.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I live in the Pacific Northwest. A few weeks ago we had temperatures in the teens. Not conducive to owning an EV. Plus, from a conservation aspect, EVā€™s may be great after theyā€™re built (if you like the price of electricity), but the building of the batteries is lousy for the environment. I will not own an EV. I might consider a hybrid. ** Personal opinion, a Mach-E is not a real Mustang and a Lightening is not a real F-150.**

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I've been getting a lot from Mazda. No clue why, as I've not visited any Mazda sites.

I could not afford the F-150 Lightning, so maybe only the rich folks get these emails! And the Mustang EV? Nope. After owning a Mustang 302 a few years back, I could not bring myself to owning what they are trying to pass as a Mustang in EV form.

My apologies to anyone who had or currently has one.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Early EV adopters already bought and now buyers have soured on EVs and don't want to buy. If one lives in moderate climate has a garage with charge hookup and wants to daily commute to from work not too far a distance an EV might be good for that use case. Excessive cold or hot climates no garage long distant driving EV not well suited.

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Honestly, i have no interest in an EV.... i just don't feel like we're "there" yet. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a hybrid vehicle.

Considering a Maverick hybrid for my wife (she's a pickup truck fan) but that particular vehicle would sit unused for a month or two, a few times a year and i have no idea how hybrids take to that sort of treatment.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early EV adopters already bought and now buyers have soured on EVs and don't want to buy. If one lives in moderate climate has a garage with charge hookup and wants to daily commute to from work not too far a distance an EV might be good for that use case. Excessive cold or hot climates no garage long distant driving EV not well suited.
Well I gotta tell you, much of this type of thinking is, in my opinion, media driven. We live in New England and have an EV that isnā€™t kept in a garage but we do have a home charger. We only typically drive 150 miles a week so only need one 6 hour home charge per week. For long trips our GPS automatically plots stops at high speed charging stations where we can add 140 miles in 20 minutes - soon to be even faster.

They arenā€™t for everyone but ours is a technological marvel, simply fun to drive, and stupidly powerful. We wanted a pickup where we could use our excess solar power and this suited the bill. A visit to some of the EV forums will give a better view of how people are enjoying their EVs than the general media ever will.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This says it all.
Jan 11 (Reuters) - Rental firm Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ.O), opens new tab is selling about 20,000 electric vehicles, including Teslas, from its U.S. fleet about two years after a deal with the automaker to offer its vehicles for rent, in another sign that EV demand has cooled.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This says it all.
Jan 11 (Reuters) - Rental firm Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ.O), opens new tab is selling about 20,000 electric vehicles, including Teslas, from its U.S. fleet about two years after a deal with the automaker to offer its vehicles for rent, in another sign that EV demand has cooled.
Although I donā€™t doubt Hertz screwed up (look how the mishandled COVID), as I said, nobody listens to the actual EV owners, they believe the media.
Sponsored