mrsrebel

Big Bend
First Name
Mona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I tried out Journeys for a couple of days. I didn't like big bro critiquing my driving LOL!
Thanks for the info! I sure hope the other things don't go, I do like the information provided and the start and lock/unlock features.
Sponsored

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/
They sure do. Iā€™m not sure though necessarily which versions have GPS or just Bluetooth/wifi only. Mine is the 7 in stainless (the most up to date apple I have, everything else is 5 years old) & that required cellular. So I assume itā€™s optional on the aluminum finish ones. Thankfully even old iPhones will run the watch as it requires 6S or later with iOS 15 or later.
I have both a Series 2 and a Series 6 and they are GPS only, no cellular (both aluminum cases). The stainless steel and titanium models are only available with the cellular hardware built in, but you can still use them with just GPS without having to have a cellular plan. It'll just use the built-in GPS and connect to your phone via bluetooth. Cellular just allows you to use certain features without having the phone on you, but since I'm never without my phone, there was no point to paying extra for a cellular-capable watch.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have both a Series 2 and a Series 6 and they are GPS only, no cellular (both aluminum cases). The stainless steel and titanium models are only available with the cellular hardware built in, but you can still use them with just GPS without having to have a cellular plan. It'll just use the built-in GPS and connect to your phone via bluetooth. Cellular just allows you to use certain features without having the phone on you, but since I'm never without my phone, there was no point to paying extra for a cellular-capable watch.
Agreed. I canā€™t recall a time when Iā€™ve not had my phone to go with the watch. I never did subscribe mine on a plan either, just rely on the phone connection. In my case it was just a want of the stainless& it happened to come GPS. Good reminder though that even though the cell hardware might be built in to your watch, it doesnā€™t mean you have to use it.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Iā€™m sure I havenā€™t used half the features that were available as cool as they all sound. I swore Iā€™d get more into the app once my BS gets here. Still, thereā€™s nothing quite so cool as being able to control your car from your watch Dick Tracy style. Glad thereā€™s no subscription fees for all this.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford announces some changes to FordPass features A08A6803-C105-4BBE-B800-79D1401458CE
I wonder how many "youngsters" even know about the Dick Tracy comic strip?

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I hate to say it, but as a Tesla owner who also has a Bronco Sport? It's painful to see how far behind Ford is with all of this "connected" stuff. The fact they have to remove features (like Journeys) and are re-thinking the whole concept of adding apps to the Sync menus vs CarPlay access tells me this is all really half-baked.

Sure, I'm glad they're not charging monthly fees just to do things like remote start from my phone. But so little data is transmitted for this stuff, there's no legitimate reason they ever should.

I guess it should have been a warning sign when they saw fit to sell the wireless charging pad for the phone as part of an upgrade package for the Bronco Sport but CarPlay requires a WIRED connection to function. (No point in wireless charging on the pad if you have to leave the USB port connected to the phone anyway.)

You can poke fun at Elon Musk all you want for not always delivering features he talked about. But the Tesla phone app is light-years ahead of Ford Connect. (Even things like scheduling a service appointment are way superior. Can use your phone to take photos of what's broken on your vehicle that you want serviced and submit them when you schedule the appointment in their app, etc.)

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Following up on this. I disabled auto updates on both my phone and Sync in the vehicle. I am getting pepper with constant "update your app" notices on each page on my Android phone. Can anyone that did update confirm that you have lost any of these features that I am still using accurately right now:

* Vehicle Location
* Fuel and Mileage w/ Odometer
* Oil Life
* TPMS

Are any of these missing as they currently work on my non-updated phone.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Following up on this. I disabled auto updates on both my phone and Sync in the vehicle. I am getting pepper with constant "update your app" notices on each page on my Android phone. Can anyone that did update confirm that you have lost any of these features that I am still using accurately right now:

* Vehicle Location
* Fuel and Mileage w/ Odometer
* Oil Life
* TPMS

Are any of these missing as they currently work on my non-updated phone.
They all work...........

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Iā€™m sure I havenā€™t used half the features that were available as cool as they all sound. I swore Iā€™d get more into the app once my BS gets here. Still, thereā€™s nothing quite so cool as being able to control your car from your watch Dick Tracy style. Glad thereā€™s no subscription fees for a
[/QU
Iā€™m sure I havenā€™t used half the features that were available as cool as they all sound. I swore Iā€™d get more into the app once my BS gets here. Still, thereā€™s nothing quite so cool as being able to control your car from your watch Dick Tracy style. Glad thereā€™s no subscription fees for all this.

Ford Bronco Sport Ford announces some changes to FordPass features A08A6803-C105-4BBE-B800-79D1401458CE
I know this is a couple months old, but Iā€™m slow. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Ford Bronco Sport Ford announces some changes to FordPass features 75099FC9-A693-4FCC-8085-C712FA357CB9

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
I used Journeys a lot - I will miss it - I think it would only work on Bluetooth - it did not work when I used a USB tether for Android Auto.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Literally the only reason I would switch to Apple. Galaxy Watch does not support this and while so simple, this is a really neat feature to have.
Don't do it! Resistance to the iBorg is not futile.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition