First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It was a steering wheel lock...every car I've ever owned does it.
My '69 Barracuda don't have no steering wheel lock. 1970 was first year for that....

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I don’t know why there are posters whining about the Ford rep. I understand why they wouldn’t respond to “my turn signal is fast”, “OMG my engine cover is missing”, “when should I change my oil” or “there is a thumping noise when I drive with only my window open”. These are all best answered (or ridiculed) by forum members.

But in the cases such as “FordPass keeps telling my remote features are turned off” and “my heated seats get so hot they burn my a$$”, I for one appreciate that a case is opened and Ford is able to track the reports. Coupled with reports from people not on this forum (they probably exist) who simply go to their dealer, these add up to design improvements.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
🤣Nope...that was the exact opposite of my point😉
Now I'm confused. Are you saying my steering wheel doesn't lock because I don't use a key? If I park my BS turn it off, and open the door, I can still dry turn the wheel. There is no steering lock on my BS. So does this only engage if I use a key or is it broken?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
My steering wheel don't lock? You'all are lucky the damn thing gets from point A to B without warning lights broken down on side of road.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Now I'm confused. Are you saying my steering wheel doesn't lock because I don't use a key? If I park my BS turn it off, and open the door, I can still dry turn the wheel. There is no steering lock on my BS. So does this only engage if I use a key or is it broken?
Not to worry
Follow the advice given earlier
refer to Owners Manual
Ctrl+F
"steering wheel lock"
Ford Bronco Sport FoMoCo Forum Rep Assistance. 1652046831316

If
There's your answer
If
Expand search
Zilch my friends, zilch
The only gem the OM could cough up was "If"
real cloak and dagger
Ford - "we can neither confirm or deny"

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Not to worry
Follow the advice given earlier
refer to Owners Manual
Ctrl+F
"steering wheel lock"
Ford Bronco Sport FoMoCo Forum Rep Assistance. 1652046831316

If
There's your answer
If
Expand search
Zilch my friends, zilch
The only gem the OM could cough up was "If"
real cloak and dagger
Ford - "we can neither confirm or deny"
Maybe its one of those missing features?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I don’t know why there are posters whining about the Ford rep.
I haven’t seen anyone whining about the rep, just asking for information about the outcome of rep engagement. I guess there are probably some posts on here that do complain about the rep but I haven’t noticed them. Up until the subject was raised, I hadn’t seen anyone praising the rep either.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Nearly every social media interaction I've had with a company has been this:

Me: "I have a problem"
Them: "We're so sorry you have a problem, please call our reps at xxx-xxx-xxxx"
Or "Please pm us your account/order/blood type/ssn/favorite ice cream/etc and we'll see what we can do"
I've never received a follow up until days later after I've already finally gotten through to some call center somewhere and they resolved it or escalated it.

And lately it's usually me trying to get assistance, being told because of covid it will take 5-7 days for a response, and I get a response that's a link to a FAQ that has nothing to do with what I asked except for one word. I then respond that I already saw that while their automated system was trying to blow me off and it doesn't apply to this situation, and in 5-7 days another canned response from a different person that didn't read my first message and has also included irrelevant info. :)

I get op. They're just asking to share any stories of when the ford rep helped them. That's all.

Something like:
"A chunk of the moon landed on my Bronco and the Ford rep called me and offered to have it looked at by ford" or something like that :D

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

Me: "I have a problem"
Them: "We're so sorry you have a problem, please call our reps at xxx-xxx-xxxx"
Or "Please pm us your account/order/blood type/ssn/favorite ice cream/etc and we'll see what we can do"
I've never received a follow up until days later after I've already finally gotten through to some call center somewhere and they resolved it or escalated it.

And lately it's usually me trying to get assistance, being told because of covid it will take 5-7 days for a response, and I get a response that's a link to a FAQ that has nothing to do with what I asked except for one word. I then respond that I already saw that while their automated system was trying to blow me off and it doesn't apply to this situation, and in 5-7 days another canned response from a different person that didn't read my first message and has also included irrelevant info. :)

I get op. They're just asking to share any stories of when the ford rep helped them. That's all.

Something like:
"A chunk of the moon landed on my Bronco and the Ford rep called me and offered to have it looked at by ford" or something like that :D
Wow, couldn't have said it better my self!

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
I posted a comment on another thread asking others to share their experience with the FoMoCo rep here on the forum. Someone noted that thread had been hijacked by all the comments, so I started a new thread here. I think my intent with this has been misunderstood by some. For example:

To be clear: I WANT a FoMoCo rep here on the forum. Having more avenues of communication is never a bad thing when it comes to dealing with large corporations, especially one that is public.

It's not my intent to bash FoMoCo or any other forum member. Personally, I believe FoMoCo's involvement here is a very good thing for all of us. My intent was to quash the rumors and innuendo that FoMoCo's rep here doesn't actually do anything to help forum users. The only way to disprove an opinion like that is with data, so I've asked those to whom the FoMoCo rep has reached out to share their experience. So far, I've heard from three forum members that say they were helped by FoMoCo's rep. I've also seen a few posts suggesting FoMoCo's rep did nothing for them, but those folks struck me as the never-satisfied type, so I'm inclined to discount them. But I'd like to be sure I'm not cherry picking by ignoring the negative stuff I don't want to hear.

So, here's the deal: I'd like once and for all to quash the idea that FoMoCo representation here on the forum is eyewash. I don't believe that, and I'd like to have the data to back that belief up. So, if you're one of the forum users that has been contacted by the FoMoCo rep please post your experience here—good or bad.
They have been involved in my rear brake pad moose call/ship yard noise investigation. Replacing the rear pads by warranty.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just to be clear: Did this happen with the FoMoCo rep here on the forum, or some other interaction with a different company?

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My example is another company. Only interaction I’ve had with the rep here is them saying they liked my picture :)
Well what do you know, I liked it too!
Sponsored