matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
I didn't find this in the forums but forgive me if it has been discussed...

I have a nice Area 51 Badlands with free "water package" - bought it with 150 miles from dealer - great feeling in this new car.

- when i turn on the headlights - one fog light is on (both lights come on when i press the fog light button). Cant figure this one out. Not a short cause they'll go off when i switch to "Auto" setting. Any ideas. I thought there may be a menu driven setting but don't see one...
(I think i found a thread which apparently says that when you turn the wheel this happens)

- when i stay in the car for minutes after shutting down (like working on my computer) i start hearing clicking noises around the cabin. My best guess is like micro-relay switches flipping. but sound like arching (sparks). but i cant see anything sparking. The noises come in twos or three -like: (tiny)switch switch....switch switch switch..

any ideas on either of these?

Your help appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I didn't find this in the forums but forgive me if it has been discussed...

I have a nice Area 51 Badlands with free "water package" - bought it with 150 miles from dealer - great feeling in this new car.

- when i turn on the headlights - one fog light is on (both lights come on when i press the fog light button). Cant figure this one out. Not a short cause they'll go off when i switch to "Auto" setting. Any ideas. I thought there may be a menu driven setting but don't see one...
(I think i found a thread which apparently says that when you turn the wheel this happens)

- when i stay in the car for minutes after shutting down (like working on my computer) i start hearing clicking noises around the cabin. My best guess is like micro-relay switches flipping. but sound like arching (sparks). but i cant see anything sparking. The noises come in twos or three -like: (tiny)switch switch....switch switch switch..

any ideas on either of these?

Your help appreciated.
The fog light being on I can explain. The fog lights double as cornering lights. When your vehicle is on with the lights on at low speed or stopped, it will turn on the fog light on whichever side the wheels are turned to shine into the corner.
I can’t explain the noises, but it seems like a common occurrence that people experience. I haven’t sat in mine off long enough to see if it makes noises.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
after the wife bought her 2020 Escape I was starting to think it was possessed but after 5k miles it seems to have sorted it's self out. the random noises have vanished.

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
after the wife bought her 2020 Escape I was starting to think it was possessed but after 5k miles it seems to have sorted it's self out. the random noises have vanished.
Too funny!
If you haven't experienced it - from the backseat it feels like those little robot spyders from movies are attacking the car in the outside!

And yes - checked the log lights - it is def the turning side thing - I just didnt want to drive down the road in a new car with "one eye out" already!

Last night i drove thru a night of dangerous rains and tornadic weather. I shouldnt depend on the driving assist - but the braking and the lane correcting was being done by the bronco - i just sat there!

awinner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So glad the fog lamps topic just came up.
I've got a BB+BB...so the cornering lights are standard across all trim levels?---or is mine just actually jacked up? I had stopped with the wheel turned (just to park quickly to unload kids) and it seemed that everyone needed to let me know one of my fog lights was out. I checked it out and even just the slightest turn in the wheel whichever way will turn a fog lamp off. I figured a loose wiring harness but I guess I'll get to treat everyone to a fog lamp disco party on our curvy roads. ...unless it's shouldn't be doing that, of course.

And mine has an odd hum now but heard the clicking early on. I walked around, even popped the hood, couldn't figure that out. Other random noises seem to happen but close to the underside of the dash/near the gas pedal or a even few seconds after it's been sitting in park.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
As soon as I open the drivers door , I can hear a fan or something start & run , some electronics staring up as far as I figure & it shuts off after a while , not sure how long . Fog light does come on when Turing .

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
sitting in the car I always hear a clicking sound at completely random intervals when I'm sitting in it when it's off. To me, it sounds very intensional so don't worry about it

OP
OP

matienzo

Badlands
First Name
Quino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 428, Bmw X3
Yes! Disco light party as you turn on curvy roads. They should go off when you’re not moving. Or at least give us the option to adjust in the settings menu.
I got used to the clicking noises and fans etc. But as I hear the clicking it makes you think that’s a bunch of relays that could go bad over time. Glad I bought the 8 year 125k miles warranty!!!!
Sponsored