AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
For what it’s worth, when we went to pick up our ‘22 BL on January 24th, I asked for a ‘22 BS brochure to keep with all of the paperwork for the vehicle. I was told they didn’t have ‘22 brochures for any vehicle yet and didn’t expect to get any until April or May at earliest.

When we initially went to the dealer to inquire about the BS, we were given a 2021 brochure to look at for the trim and options available. When we ordered our 2022 BSBL in September of 2021, we were informed of the differences in the packaging names and the options included in those packages for MY22, but not of any other changes to equipment that would be considered “standard”. I asked for a ‘22 brochure at the time of ordering as well, obviously they had none.

One would assume that the most reliable information the typical person could get would be from a dealership, especially since at the time of our order, Ford’s build and price website still only allowed you to build 2021 models.

I’ll admit, the more items I find out about that Ford took out of the 2022, the more annoyed I get. Not because I need them or in some cases even want those features, but because I feel I’ve been snookered. My vehicle was ordered before any of these changes went into effect, how was I supposed to know? Had I been informed and told that I could get the folding headrests and digital temp knobs for X amount more money, I probably would have bought them. But that’s not even an option.

How hard would it be for Ford to put out a press release that says “Model year 2022 Bronco Sports will no longer come with folding headrests, sorry for any inconvenience”? Just seems to me it’s a little underhanded, and that really sucks because I’ve been a Ford guy my entire life, I don’t want to think of the company in that regard.
Perfectly said. Website didn’t have 22’s and dealerships didn’t have 22 brochures. No one knew until it was to late.

Like I said before. I thought after research that I wanted a 21 due to the removal of intelligent access as standard on the 22 BB. When the 22 there had it I took it. Had I know all of the differences I would have waited for a 21 easily. And right now I’d be significantly happier. Instead I’m looking for what I want to replace it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've ordered a 22 BB and canceled cuz I found a 21 at the dealership. After reading all this I'm glad I took the 21 BB. For what you're saying the 22BB is basically the Base model with a BB sticker... Is there any differences in between base and BB now?
Not many lol. Especially when intelligent access is supposed to be with the add on package only. If the BB came as it’s supposed to per Fords site, it’s pretty much a base other than the front grill.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not many lol. Especially when intelligent access is supposed to be with the add on package only. If the BB came as it’s supposed to per Fords site, it’s pretty much a base other than the front grill.
Looking at the base it doesn't have the start button or rubberized cargo floor, can't think off any other. Seems like a enough for Ford to make another trim. I feel like the convenience package should be standard for the BB

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
Is intelligent access where you can lock or unlock it by touching the door handle? I have that on my BB.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is intelligent access where you can lock or unlock it by touching the door handle? I have that on my BB.
Yes. According to Fords build and price it’s not standard on the 22 BB. But I’ve seen it listed as standard on dozens.

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok then. Thanks for that. I guess my BB is a blend of 21 and 22 models? Just no fog lights or rubber rear seat backs.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Looking at the base it doesn't have the start button or rubberized cargo floor, can't think off any other. Seems like a enough for Ford to make another trim. I feel like the convenience package should be standard for the BB
The 2022 Order Guide lists the model year changes on the first page. If you go to the Big Bend section you will see a list of all the additional features over the Base model. Intelligent access is supposed to be standard on BB.

Interestingly enough, rubberized back protectors are listed as standard equipment for the rear seats, but then also listed as an option. Fog lights are listed in the (new) Convenience package for '22 BB.

So there's some discrepancies there for sure. I haven't seen an updated order guide yet, but there might be one out there.

As a side note, according to the Order Guide I am supposed to have 4-door intelligent access on my BL, but it is either not equipped or not working on the rear doors, so I'll have to address that with my dealer at some point.

Attachments

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
As a side note, according to the Order Guide I am supposed to have 4-door intelligent access on my BL, but it is either not equipped or not working on the rear doors, so I'll have to address that with my dealer at some point.
I suspect that's front driver & passenger doors, lift gate, and rear glass - not that the rear passenger doors are supposed to have IA. They cost cut the rear doors from IA many years ago (e.g. 2013 Focus had it, 2016 didn't).

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I suspect that's front driver & passenger doors, lift gate, and rear glass - not that the rear passenger doors are supposed to have IA. They cost cut the rear doors from IA many years ago (e.g. 2013 Focus had it, 2016 didn't).
It's possible but worded poorly if so. Our '12 Focus had it so we were surprised our BS doesn't.

Edit: on the BB, Intelligent Access is upgraded to 4-door Intelligent Access with the Convenience Package. So does that mean the hatch and rear glass don't have it on the standard BB?

Last edited:

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
Edit: on the BB, Intelligent Access is upgraded to 4-door Intelligent Access with the Convenience Package. So does that mean the hatch and rear glass don't have it on the standard BB?
The Order Guide reads differently to me. For MY 2022, BS Big Bend gets Intelligent Access standard. That's the four sensors you can open by walking up to them and push-button start.

Convenience Package upgrades access from just IA to IA + Securicode keypad. Meaning that Convenience Package adds just the keypad on the driver door, doesn't change IA in any way.

Outer Banks and Badlands get both, standard.

Under standard equipment for BB:
  • Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
Under Convenience Package, also standard for Outer Banks and Badlands:
  • Intelligent Access (Lock/Unlock) with Push-Button Start and SecuriCodeTM Keyless-Entry Keypad
As you noted, a lot of this isn't worded nearly as well as it could be. Mind you, order guides are more for dealer staff to view traditionally, so maybe they don't bother making things clearer?

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Convenience Package upgrades access from just IA to IA + Securicode keypad. Meaning that Convenience Package adds just the keypad on the driver door, doesn't change IA in any way.
The wording specifically changes from "Intelligent Access..." as Standard, to "4-Door Intelligent Access.." in the BB Convenience Package (and higher trims). Seems like pretty clear wording to me but maybe you're right.

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I just went and checked my Big Bend and the intelligent access is only on the driver and front passenger doors. I do not have the convenience package. If that helps.

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2022 Order Guide lists the model year changes on the first page. If you go to the Big Bend section you will see a list of all the additional features over the Base model. Intelligent access is supposed to be standard on BB.

Interestingly enough, rubberized back protectors are listed as standard equipment for the rear seats, but then also listed as an option. Fog lights are listed in the (new) Convenience package for '22 BB.

So there's some discrepancies there for sure. I haven't seen an updated order guide yet, but there might be one out there.

Wow, according to the order guide you attached, page 5 shows those rubber rear seat backs as standard equipment on the Big Bend. Noted also this guide was printed in Aug. 2021. Seems to me I should have gotten those with mine.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
So, I just went and checked my Big Bend and the intelligent access is only on the driver and front passenger doors. I do not have the convenience package. If that helps.
To clarify, it doesn't work for the lift gate or glass?

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. I did not see the touch icons on the back latch area nor did the locking mechanism react to my hand waving around the glass or door button areas.
Sponsored