Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
So my salesman calls back 20 before close as affable as ever. I never got him on the phone today until he called. Just the front desk guy I guess.
Ford Bronco Sport Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend IMG_20220301_184745__01__01__01

Ford Bronco Sport Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend Screenshot_20220301-185033__01__01__01

This is highly troubling to me. I can't wait to hear from Ford. I'll probably call the AG first just to get this all on paper.
I am just about speechless.

In effect, they are saying "who are ya gonna believe, me, or your lyin' eyes?"

I agree, it would be a good idea to contact the AG and document what has happened so far.

There's still a slight chance that there is just some confusion (IDK who you have contacted at Ford), but this does not look good.

The lack of fog lights and/or them still being listed on the original sticker *might* have been an accident, but them coming up with a "new and improved" sticker with the fog lights deleted does not look good at all.
Sponsored

First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend (Traded in '11 Escape XLT 2.0L)
I am just about speechless.

In effect, they are saying "who are ya gonna believe, me, or your lyin' eyes?"

I agree, it would be a good idea to contact the AG and document what has happened so far.

There's still a slight chance that there is just some confusion (IDK who you have contacted at Ford), but this does not look good.

The lack of fog lights and/or them still being listed on the original sticker *might* have been an accident, but them coming up with a "new and improved" sticker with the fog lights deleted does not look good at all.
The fact that you've got two stickers with the same vin with different equipment (I am not a lawyer) violates worse laws than some anti-consumer state AG thing. Seems like it would be potentially violate import/export laws. But none of that concerns me. I just want my fog lights, or some compensation. Even if I got some Ford points and could cash them in for a *expletive* owners manual cover, I'd be closer to whole.
I haven't spoken to Ford themselves yet as I was waiting for the doctored sticker.

EDIT: I emailed my dealer a photo of the original sticker so I know they have it. He told me on the phone yesterday it wasn't necessary but I just want to keep everybody honest.

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I truly believed them when they told me the story, but I just wanted a copy of it for when I speak to Ford or anyone else. I still believe the story to be true, and I think they are just more interested in chasing the new customers instead of taking care of me when they already have all my money.

Perhaps I'll just make a trip over there tomorrow, as they do have my rubber seat backs I ordered in when I saw I didn't have them. No engine cover, rubber hood liner, numberpad keyless entry, or rubber floor mats either. No "intelligent" option with 360+. To answer another in this thread, my headrests do not flip down and if the front seat is slid all the way back, you have to tilt the front seat forward before flipping down the back seat, then you can return the front seat to a normal position with the back seat folded.
How many of those features is your BS BB supposed to have?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m starting to like the car more and more in general. At first I hated the seat. But I finally found a comfortable position. It’s fun and looks good and gets attention. BUT the complete strip down that Ford did to the 22’s leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. One that is hard to remove.

While I’m driving around enjoying the 360+ or the features of a modern vehicle (my DD this replaced was an 07 Element LX base, and my fun car is a 2013 Mustang GT. So neither had/have touch screens and nav etc.) I’m always then reminded that I don’t have an engine cover or hood liner and can hear all of the annoying clicks and crackles and zipper sounds the engine makes (some cars these days don’t have engine covers like the new Civic Si. But ALL of them don’t. In this case I don’t have an engine cover while others do. That’s lame. I couldn’t care less if it does or doesn’t have one as long as it’s consistent.) I can’t put the back seats down easily. I don’t have zipper pockets. I don’t have rubber seat backs. I don’t have convenient keypad access. I don’t have the temp on my ac dial. And I don’t have stylish fog lights to even out the front look.

I continually try and justify to myself how I wouldn’t use or need any of those things and they aren’t a big deal. Some of that is true. But it’s the principle of it. The 21 BB is basically a completely different trim level over the 22 BB. And a much nicer one at that. I feel screwed. And when I ask Ford out of all of the missing pieces to simply hook me up with rubber seat backs and new rear folding headrests to somewhat make up for this fog light issue, and I get ignored. It’s difficult to not want to sell the car and be done.
Same question I asked AlmostBroncoSport: How many of those features is your BS BB supposed to have?

How much disappeared without notice vs changes that were publicized?

First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many of those features is your BS BB supposed to have?
There is a lot of ambiguity about the "Intelligent" cruise, but I'll leave that to the other thread.
*EDIT*Maybe someone can see pic below and compare to a car that has my precious numbers on the driver's door that I so loved from my Escape and tell me what my sticker needs to say to get them.*END EDIT*
Because the fog lights are on the sticker, I know they were supposed to be on the vehicle. #105
The vehicle was dealer-ordered, so I can't say whether or not it was supposed to have folding rear headrests or zipper pockets or what have you. I was mainly just noting them for those comparing it to the '21 and to support my argument that most consumers are expecting '21 equipment based on all the BS press. I'm not asking Ford for floor mats or rubber seat backs, I am paying for those. It was the salesman who pointed out to me the lack of an engine cover or hood liner when I returned 1 week after purchase to finalize. If I keep this vehicle for more than a year I'll be adding those parts because, I may have the smaller engine, but I do still HAVE an engine that makes noise, which could be quieter. (It could also make less unsettling noises, but I digress.)
I will say it's a bit absurd that I have a refrigerator magnet on the car that says BIG BEND but I don't have seats that fold down correctly because I don't have the "Big Bend Package", if that is indeed the case. I came from a 2nd Gen Escape which I had stored the back headrests in the barn for years because they had to be removed to fold the back seats correctly. I watched the videos and was excited to have a better designed vehicle.
For me, it's about Ford doing things that are obviously worse for their customers. How could they make, "the seats fold down correctly," an option on a SUPERIOR model year. Insanity.
Ford Bronco Sport Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend IMG_20220301_202904__01__01

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a lot of ambiguity about the "Intelligent" cruise, but I'll leave that to the other thread.
*EDIT*Maybe someone can see pic below and compare to a car that has my precious numbers on the driver's door that I so loved from my Escape and tell me what my sticker needs to say to get them.*END EDIT*
Because the fog lights are on the sticker, I know they were supposed to be on the vehicle. #105
The vehicle was dealer-ordered, so I can't say whether or not it was supposed to have folding rear headrests or zipper pockets or what have you. I was mainly just noting them for those comparing it to the '21 and to support my argument that most consumers are expecting '21 equipment based on all the BS press. I'm not asking Ford for floor mats or rubber seat backs, I am paying for those. It was the salesman who pointed out to me the lack of an engine cover or hood liner when I returned 1 week after purchase to finalize. If I keep this vehicle for more than a year I'll be adding those parts because, I may have the smaller engine, but I do still HAVE an engine that makes noise, which could be quieter. (It could also make less unsettling noises, but I digress.)
I will say it's a bit absurd that I have a refrigerator magnet on the car that says BIG BEND but I don't have seats that fold down correctly because I don't have the "Big Bend Package", if that is indeed the case. I came from a 2nd Gen Escape which I had stored the back headrests in the barn for years because they had to be removed to fold the back seats correctly. I watched the videos and was excited to have a better designed vehicle.
For me, it's about Ford doing things that are obviously worse for their customers. How could they make, "the seats fold down correctly," an option on a SUPERIOR model year. Insanity.
Ford Bronco Sport Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend IMG_20220301_202904__01__01
Understandable.

Our sticker says:

* Remote Keyless Entry
* Securicode Keyless Keypad

Is that what you were asking about?

First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understandable.

Our sticker says:

* Remote Keyless Entry
* Securicode Keyless Keypad

Is that what you were asking about?
Yes, thank you. If I end up looking for another one for some reason, that's what I'll be looking for.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
Same question I asked AlmostBroncoSport: How many of those features is your BS BB supposed to have?

How much disappeared without notice vs changes that were publicized?
It’s not “supposed” to have any of what I mentioned. The 21 had them all as standard however. Which is literally the point. I think you’re getting stuck on thinking we’re complaining when it’s our fault for not being educated. And you’re missing the point entirely. The issue is that many things were removed. And now the car is lesser and incomplete. Regardless of awareness. No one is saying “Damn my BS is missing ventilated seats! I’m mad!” When that feature never came on a BS. It’s a shitty feeling to be missing features that the previous year had. Especially when some of them significantly reduce usability like the headrests not folding.

Also none of the changes were publicized.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zipper pockets and rubber seat backs were listed as standard on 21 window stickers. They were removed on 22 stickers. Intelligent access was supposed to be removed on 22 stickers but wasn’t and every 22 BB I’ve seen has intelligent access (which is where you unlock the car simply by grabbing the handle). So why was fog lights not removed but not equipped. Clearly a mistake. But one Ford needs to address.

My Wife’s 21 Sorento SX-P is great. The 22 ADDED memory drivers seats and power thigh extension. Nothing was removed. That’s what normal people expect. Each new year between major redesigns usually add small quality of life features. Not to get a newer model year and lose practical and convenient features. And I don’t buy the chip shortage stuff when Kia can keep all features from 21 to 22 plus add more stuff that needs chips. Seems like poor production management to me.

Last edited:

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, thank you. If I end up looking for another one for some reason, that's what I'll be looking for.
Yep. That was standard on the 21 and part of the add on package for the 22. In other words, to make the 22 equal to the 21 you have to add a $1000+ package.

On another note, I think perspective is important. Every single person on this forum is significantly more involved and knowledgeable about the BS than the normal buyer. MOST people don’t search forums before buying. And for the BS, most of those people buy while in transit. When you look at a window sticker and it says fog lights. That’s what you think you’re getting. You don’t know better than that. You don’t read on the forum that they removed that in 2022. So when it comes without and you’ve already put down a non refundable deposit. That’s a big problem.

And the headrest thing is just dumb. I can order 2021 headrests right now and have them in 2 days. It’s not a supply issue. Ford decided people didn’t need to fold their seats down. It was a dumb decision.

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I'll be honest, I didn't remember all the "standard" equipment that Ford listed in their promo of the Big Bend model, but the fogs and rear seat rubber plus the zippered pockets behind the front seats were items I did expect and was surprised they weren't there. I did read about the change in description of the accessories package from Big Bend to convenience package where all those things were moved to but since the window sticker showed them I didn't give it a thought. Should have. Also, I don't know if you're aware of this but at the time of contract, there is a form some call it a due bill. This is for any dealer to be added stuff like different wheels and tires, just for example. If nothing is on it and you sign it it technically releases the dealership from anything you wanted to add to the vehicle after the fact.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be honest, I didn't remember all the "standard" equipment that Ford listed in their promo of the Big Bend model, but the fogs and rear seat rubber plus the zippered pockets behind the front seats were items I did expect and was surprised they weren't there. I did read about the change in description of the accessories package from Big Bend to convenience package where all those things were moved to but since the window sticker showed them I didn't give it a thought. Should have. Also, I don't know if you're aware of this but at the time of contract, there is a form some call it a due bill. This is for any dealer to be added stuff like different wheels and tires, just for example. If nothing is on it and you sign it it technically releases the dealership from anything you wanted to add to the vehicle after the fact.
Same thing happened to me. When I was researching it I got very confused. I consider myself strong in google fu and it took me a long time to figure out exactly what was different. And why fords site still shows rubber seat backs as standard on the BB regardless of model year but the 22 had them in a package. It was almost purposely deceptive how things were removed and never really mentioned. It wasn’t until well after I bought her that I found little annoying things like not being able to see the temp as you turn the dial in reverse while pulling out of my driveway, due to the reverse camera being on. Then realizing the 21 had a little screen in the dial.
Sponsored