Flip-Up Rear Glass - An Essential Feature?

How Important is the Flip-Up Rear Glass to you?

• I Didn't Know the Glass Flipped Up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My son bought a special prop to keep his FJ rear window slightly open. Maybe someone will come up with one for the BS.
I found this confusing. Do you want it always open when driving? And why?
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I drive with mine open around town at lower speeds and never had a issue. Moonroof open and back window open , feels great. Enjoyable
Ford Bronco Sport Flip-Up Rear Glass - An Essential Feature? 172C39D8-93FB-433F-BD23-6C6F1464BB9A

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't have anything against it, but I doubt I'll ever use it much. I think the only time it might come in handy is if I've filled the back so high with loose items, that I don't want everything to fall out by opening the full tailgate, but that just seems like an unlikely scenario.

Reactions: Jrl

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It opens it about 3 inches. Allows air movement and eliminates buffeting when driver window is down. Stays locked as well.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
It might be good for a dog in the summer so he can stick his head out the rear window at the parking lot or driving around town.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
The owner's manual advises against driving with the rear glass open for a couple of reasons: Obviously damage can occur, but there is also a risk of exhaust fumes/Carbon Monoxide accumulating inside the vehicle.

Attachments

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
The owner's manual advises against driving with the rear glass open for a couple of reasons: Obviously damage can occur, but there is also a risk of exhaust fumes/Carbon Monoxide accumulating inside the vehicle.
Yep, it's not a good idea to drive around with a window open right above your exhaust vent.

A local high school had to be evacuated in recent years because an exhaust vent on the roof was too close to an intake for the HVAC system, dumping carbon monoxide back into the building. Luckily it didn't cause harm and was caught by CO detectors on paramedics or EMTs who where there on an unrelated call before it got bad. Not something to take lightly.
Sponsored