MontyPilot

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Have a question on the Flatout lift kit if anyone is familiar, was looking at buying and was curious what the Rear subframe spacers are and if they are necessary?

Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift IMG_6506
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The blue cylindrical things are the subframe spacers and they are necessary to keep the geometry acceptable for the half-shafts.

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
I have it installed. You can adjust the rear perch to keep factory geometry, so the way I understand it there is no need to install anything else. Reach out to them with questions they are great to work with. And best of all it looks great.
Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift IMG_4158

OP
OP
MontyPilot

MontyPilot

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I have it installed. You can adjust the rear perch to keep factory geometry, so the way I understand it there is no need to install anything else. Reach out to them with questions they are great to work with. And best of all it looks great.
Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift IMG_4158
Nice! So you are running it without them?

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
Yes. My shop installed everything pictured. I did not purchase the additional subframe spacers that Flatout sells. Very happy with it. I have had it and the KO2’s for about 10k miles w no issues. Totally transforms the vehicle.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The heavier tires cost me a couple miles a gallon. Lift changed nothing.
How do you know it was one and not the other? I'm not disputing your claim, I'm just curious. Did you have enough time between installation of the two to get accurate fuel economy readings?

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
Yes I had the Ford upgrade Falkens on there for a while. KO2’s look great but are a super heavy tire.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes I had the Ford upgrade Falkens on there for a while. KO2’s look great but are a super heavy tire.
I'm still unclear: I'm specifically asking if you did before/after comparisons for both the tires and the lift separately. I THINK you are saying that you drove the car with just the KO2s installed long enough to get a baseline fuel economy reading before installing the lift. Is that the case?

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
I did the
I'm still unclear: I'm specifically asking if you did before/after comparisons for both the tires and the lift separately. I THINK you are saying that you drove the car with just the KO2s installed long enough to get a baseline fuel economy reading before installing the lift. Is that the case?
I did the lift first and tires second. No noticeable MPG loss w lift. A couple MPG with the tires.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I put the lift on my Jeep Liberty before the KO2's. Both hurt my mileage, but the heavy tires made the biggest difference.

I was putting on lots of miles driving fast on gravel roads, and had a flat tire every few weeks with passenger car tires. The only time I had a flat on the KO2s was on some sharp rocks after lowering my tire pressure to 25 psi. It cut the sidewall.

I'm gettig a lift next month, so I'll see how it goes for me.

The Rinzler

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Looking for a 2"lift kit on the badlands.
I think this is the right choice for my budget.

Also I took about a 3 mpg hit when I switched to 245/65r17 BFG Ko2's.
No lift.
Sponsored