Hot pepper red

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I bought a competitors spring lift kit before Flatout came out with theirs. I had high hopes for the spring only lift kit, and a long story short it felt like I was driving a covered wagon on the Oregon trail--my wife would agree with me about the harsh ride on rough roads.

I wanted the extra ground clearance but still maintain the factory ride. So, I ordered the 1.5" lift kit with comfort springs from Flatout, and my order arrived in about four days. I opened the box, and was immediately impressed with the quality and packaging!

I installed the lift kit yesterday--spent about six hours in my garage installing it. I compared Flatout's rear springs to the competitor's rear springs, and Flatout's were similar in size to the original springs.

I took my BS on a test drive, and immediately noticed a difference in ride quality! I took my wife out to dinner, and on the drive she said that she notices a difference in the ride being like the original without a lift.

My only complaint about the lift kit is that the instructions were confusing at one point where it stated to remove some fasteners for the sound deadening panel on the rear springs install. I didn't see where a panel had to be removed to complete the installation. Pictures to go a long with the installation procedure would be helpful for people that are a little unsure about doing it themselves.

I measured my ground clearance from just underneath the vacuum canister--lowest point--and it is right at 9.25". The vehicle sits pretty level with the rear a little higher. I have the stock Pirelli Scorpion tires (225/65/R17).

I'll be testing out the lift kit when we are in Moab next month, and I'll update this post with my opinion of how the lift kit is performing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Don’t know if it’s allowed but the competitors name would be helpful for anyone who is interested in their kit. Might save them some cash and headaches.

OP
OP
Hot pepper red

Hot pepper red

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Don’t know if it’s allowed but the competitors name would be helpful for anyone who is interested in their kit. Might save them some cash and headaches.
I didn't know if it is allowed either, and that is why I didn't post their name.

MontyPilot

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I bought a competitors spring lift kit before Flatout came out with theirs. I had high hopes for the spring only lift kit, and a long story short it felt like I was driving a covered wagon on the Oregon trail--my wife would agree with me about the harsh ride on rough roads.

I wanted the extra ground clearance but still maintain the factory ride. So, I ordered the 1.5" lift kit with comfort springs from Flatout, and my order arrived in about four days. I opened the box, and was immediately impressed with the quality and packaging!

I installed the lift kit yesterday--spent about six hours in my garage installing it. I compared Flatout's rear springs to the competitor's rear springs, and Flatout's were similar in size to the original springs.

I took my BS on a test drive, and immediately noticed a difference in ride quality! I took my wife out to dinner, and on the drive she said that she notices a difference in the ride being like the original without a lift.

My only complaint about the lift kit is that the instructions were confusing at one point where it stated to remove some fasteners for the sound deadening panel on the rear springs install. I didn't see where a panel had to be removed to complete the installation. Pictures to go a long with the installation procedure would be helpful for people that are a little unsure about doing it themselves.

I measured my ground clearance from just underneath the vacuum canister--lowest point--and it is right at 9.25". The vehicle sits pretty level with the rear a little higher. I have the stock Pirelli Scorpion tires (225/65/R17).

I'll be testing out the lift kit when we are in Moab next month, and I'll update this post with my opinion of how the lift kit is performing.
Would love to know how these are! Keep us posted saw your previous post about the competitors so hopefully these are good, they are on my radar for sure