Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Just found this info, on Flatout's site. It would seem to be very useful to me, when I get my coilovers installed, in about a month.
https://flatoutsuspension.net/blogs/news/rebound?_pos=9&_sid=4cc2f294d&_ss=r

Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift suspension!! D0209D5A-41C7-4A3C-87AB-4425DBAA83BF
Despite posting this here, to remind myself and others, I failed to refer to them during the installation and now need to go back and remove the rear springs, to remove a rubber nub, on the oem top mount. At least, I knew I had to go back anyway, as we had not set the final ride height and just guessed at it, which left it at ~ a 1" lift, when I wanted 1.5-2".

Note. (pic) I used the camber plates, set to the max negative, that the top of the shock would fit in the oem hole and did not use the supplied camber bolts, which both, my mechanic and I hate. I am currently sitting at 1 degree negative but need to go up another .5 to 1", so I'll see how much that changes. Camber plates added some noise, at low speeds but at Highway speeds, my aggressive Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's, masked any increase, despite the tires not being overly loud.

Note. (pic) I opted for 14" front springs, instead of the standard 12's, which added some labor. You need to run all mounting hardware (end link mount, lock collars and spring perch) to the bottom of the threaded area, in order to get the springs on and the top nut started. This is easy to do but if you do it yourself, before taking them somewhere, to get installed, it will save them some time. You will then need to run the end link mount up, to expose ~ 3/4" of threads (my pic is at 5/8"), below the mount. If you then set the locking collars and spring perch's to the lowest height, you will have raised the car about 1.25". This is with 212lbs springs, so, a 200lbs spring would be slightly lower ~.3" and a 225lbs spring would be ~ .3" higher. Of course you don't need to set the spring perch, at the minimum height (my pic) and I will be raising it.

I need OEM alignment specs!!!! He did not have them on his machine and I couldn't find them on a forum search. We used specs from a 2020 Escape, which called for front camber to be between +.05 and -1.45 and the rear camber between -.4 and -1.9 and he set front and rear to -! degree.

Edit. I found the alignment specs, in a response to one of my old Posts. Front Camber .1* to -1.5*, toe 0 to .2* in. Rear, Camber -.4* to -1.9*, rear toe, .09* to .29* in.

Edit #2 I left the end link perch at it's lowest possible height, with .625" of thread exposed below the black collar. To do that, you need to shorten the adjustable end link to it's shortest length. With my 1.625" lift, I have 17/32" of thread exposed, above the blue collar, when it's tightened down to the top of the black collar. With a 14", 200lbs spring, instead of my 14", 212lbs spring, you should have an additional 1/4" thread exposed, with the same 1.625" lift.

Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift suspension!! B65EA4C7-14D9-43F8-B3D5-A02A3ECE80B6

Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift suspension!! 0BD348F0-7329-4097-9C60-2FF0A33D3841

Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift suspension!! 98AE3C75-D1E7-4E13-9075-3FB02DE05AD4

Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift suspension!! 55430E35-68A5-4FCE-889E-22BDD9F50F51
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Sweet. Trail report and pics of how it sits now are coming, I hope/assume?

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flatoutsuspension.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
I’m getting lots and lots of emails about installs happening! Lots of orders too! I’m shocked at how many Bad Lands people are going with our GR40!

The promo thing should’ve ended already, but I’ll let one more sneak in before these go to normal price.

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
Ok so there are about 20 or so of our suspensions out in the wild, let’s hear your thoughts!! Plenty of you guys tell me (so I know the answer), but tell the people here! :cool:

Cwong

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Wow read thru the thread looks great. Just to confirm your “safe” height is 2”lift with room to grow?

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
Wow read thru the thread looks great. Just to confirm your “safe” height is 2”lift with room to grow?
I’d say 2.0” front, 1.5” rear is a very very easy on the car lift and gives you a leveled height.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
@Flatout Suspension , I just placed a GR40 order. I’m not sure if there was a discount code available even though there is a sale price. Another discount would be a good thing for me.

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
@Flatout Suspension , I just placed a GR40 order. I’m not sure if there was a discount code available even though there is a sale price. Another discount would be a good thing for me.
No code, the discount was the sale price you saw. Thanks for your order!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
How has the suspension lift being did you have the get the spacers as well
The FlatOut kit won’t arrive until next year (probably January). I have been running the HRG lift which is okay but I’m hoping the adjustability of the FlatOut kit will make some of the “shudder” go away. I just find that when I hit a sudden bump in the road that the whole vehicle will move around more than I think it should. It’s been a long time since I’ve owned anything that resembles a truck.

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The FlatOut kit won’t arrive until next year (probably January). I have been running the HRG lift which is okay but I’m hoping the adjustability of the FlatOut kit will make some of the “shudder” go away. I just find that when I hit a sudden bump in the road that the whole vehicle will move around more than I think it should. It’s been a long time since I’ve owned anything that resembles a truck.
Thanks I just did the hrg lift and what you describe is exactly the issue I am going through . I don’t like it the shudder and jitter is too much from factory . However the lift itself has been great because it allows me to off-road. I think I will end up doing this as well. Let me know how it all goes

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Can I ask which shop is doing this install. I live in Maryland not sure if you are in the state. I am getting cold feet about this suspension since the shops have no experience with it and the shop recommended to me by flat out only does Subarus .

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
Can I ask which shop is doing this install. I live in Maryland not sure if you are in the state. I am getting cold feet about this suspension since the shops have no experience with it and the shop recommended to me by flat out only does Subarus .
That’s odd about the shop; we did the very first install on our Bronco Sport with them as we wanted a local installer to work with that would be familiar with it. Maybe Melanie (who you might’ve talked to) was just unsure about it, but the owner is very familiar. In fact, if you went there, one of us would go there to lend a hand as we typically do assist them on installs.

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That’s odd about the shop; we did the very first install on our Bronco Sport with them as we wanted a local installer to work with that would be familiar with it. Maybe Melanie (who you might’ve talked to) was just unsure about it, but the owner is very familiar. In fact, if you went there, one of us would go there to lend a hand as we typically do assist them on installs.
Ok thanks that is great to know. So I would order directly from your site and you would ship it to me . I live in Maryland and I use dirt nerds in VA for my upgrades and I off road the vehicle at the cove. So I guess I am looking for comfort but able to off-road when ever I want .
Sponsored