Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How did you order those by chance. The Yakima website is garbage and won’t even let me select a system without selecting a vehicle. If I select the BS it won’t let me select the 50” bars. It’s a really frustrating web design.

https://liquidsurfandsail.com/timberline-kit-corebar-50-sm/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp8212&sc_intid=8212&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1KiBBhCcARIsAPWqoSrhYFhC2ID2drCM5EfjDHDPANt_J0xSFZLeRSPcba-WSFdunZ62V0MaAo-cEALw_wcB

Advertisement

tRex

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
T155/70R17

24.9"x4"
...and the (section?) width is 6". A T175/90D17 (not "R") is 29.5" tall on a 4.5" wheel, and 6.8" wide. For comparison, the standard P225/65-R17 is 28.5" tall on the 7" wheel, and 9" wide. I wonder if there might be that 0.8" to spare under the lower cargo floor position for that taller, wider compact spare? It might be a great temp spare with the optional 29.5" P245/65-R17 so many are interested in. If such temp spare would be usable/safe.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any chance that a 235/65-17 sized spare will fit in the rear compartment?
I'm guessing that's a "No" but thought that I would ask anyway.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I’ve always heard that on AWD systems if it’s not a full-size you’ll destroy your drive system
That’s true, the AWD system would have a tough time compensating for the tire size disparity. There is a way around that though. Make sure the spare is installed in the rear (if a front tire blows, move a rear tire to that position) and disable the AWD. This will make the vehicle FWD, and the tire size difference no longer matters. I’m not sure how you’d accomplish this on the BS, but this is the procedure used by another manufacturer.

Last edited:

tRex

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That’s true, the AWD system would have a tough time compensating for the tire size disparity. There is a way around that though. Make sure the spare is installed in the rear (if a front tire blows, move a rear tire to that position) and disable the AWD. This will make the vehicle FWD, and the tire size difference no longer matters.
You can't disable the AWD on a Bronco Sport. Best you can do is Eco mode.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You can't disable the AWD on a Bronco Sport. Best you can do is Eco mode.
I’m sure there is a way, but I’ve edited my post to clarify this procedure is from another manufacturer.

Advertisement