jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any chance that a 235/65-17 sized spare will fit in the rear compartment?
I'm guessing that's a "No" but thought that I would ask anyway.
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I’ve always heard that on AWD systems if it’s not a full-size you’ll destroy your drive system
That’s true, the AWD system would have a tough time compensating for the tire size disparity. There is a way around that though. Make sure the spare is installed in the rear (if a front tire blows, move a rear tire to that position) and disable the AWD. This will make the vehicle FWD, and the tire size difference no longer matters. I’m not sure how you’d accomplish this on the BS, but this is the procedure used by another manufacturer.

Last edited:

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That’s true, the AWD system would have a tough time compensating for the tire size disparity. There is a way around that though. Make sure the spare is installed in the rear (if a front tire blows, move a rear tire to that position) and disable the AWD. This will make the vehicle FWD, and the tire size difference no longer matters.
You can't disable the AWD on a Bronco Sport. Best you can do is Eco mode.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
You can't disable the AWD on a Bronco Sport. Best you can do is Eco mode.
I’m sure there is a way, but I’ve edited my post to clarify this procedure is from another manufacturer.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How are you liking those tires? We just ordered them and they arrived and were are considering returning them as they don't have quite an aggressive look. Hows the responsiveness off road with them?
Thanks
Sponsored