Sobieski

Big Bend
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - AKA Mulder
mini vans are the best to park next too, why? The kids in the back seat have a sliding door. When in a car little kids will all the door to swing out and that's that, a ding in your rear door.
Sponsored

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
mini vans are the best to park next too, why? The kids in the back seat have a sliding door. When in a car little kids will all the door to swing out and that's that, a ding in your rear door.
strategic risk management parking
catalogued and filed in memory banks
risk level - low
worst case scenario
greasy McDonalds french fry or gummie bear handprints

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I'm so fortunate that my office is connected to my National Forest's Visitor Center, so there are loads of people in and out of our lot every day. Great for public interface, but there is no safe place to park my Bronco. A wonderful person left me a parting gift before heading out to the Forest this morning:

Ford Bronco Sport First paint chip...and it's a doozy 20220614_121835

Ford Bronco Sport First paint chip...and it's a doozy 20220614_120610

This is my rear driver's side door. The chip is down to the metal, and there's a scratch, too. How?!?!?! That must've been a very aggressive door ding!

I've got a $500 deductible on my comprehensive, so I guess this one is out of pocket for me. I had been keeping it absolutely pristine to protect the trade in value for when my Badlands comes. This wouldn't feel so bad if it was my fault.
I liked your comment even though it seems to wrong to like a comment like yours. So inconsiderate of people, of course there's wind, kids, dogs jumping out, who knows what. Still someone knows, they heard it, felt it and looked at it.

You just have to wonder how some people think. I get plenty of exercise walking from the farthest point away in the parking lot but sometimes it's just not possible. Get some Ford touch up paint, carefully mask around the edge and fill it in with 3 or 4 layers. There's bound to be a few more chops later on but at least you can somewhat cover the worst of that chip and have paint for the new ones.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just an update to this thread. I purchased a paint repair kit from Scratches Happen and it matched my A51 beautifully. Filled the chip and although it isn't perfect, you'd have to look damn hard to be able to find where this happened. My Badlands is built and waiting to be shipped. Once it arrives and I trade in this Big Bend, I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not my dealer spots it. If I had to bet, I'd say it'll never be noticed. Appreciate all the tips and tricks you guys have provided.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Mans that sucksd! BUT......That will easily touch up with some paint, I personally would not stress taking it to a body shop. The scratch portion also looks like it will buff out. I use www.scratcheshappen.com.
I just ordered my basic kit from your suggestion. Yes, I suffered my first ding after 11 months of ownership... meh, it is an off-road vehicle after all...lol

BRoebuck30

Big Bend
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve had my Bronco Sport for 17 months. Got door dinged just past 24hrs of having it. Luckily they hit the plastic around the wheel well. All there was was a scuff. Since then I have been door dinged three other times. Just can’t win. I even try my best by parking in the back. And not once did those door dingers leave a note. Two of them are so bad that the dents are extremely noticeable. One of them scratched down to my paint. That one the person must’ve flung their door open with absolute zero care.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I had my dealership install the side molding on my Big Bend. A bit pricey but, hopefully, I can avoid the aggravation of chips.

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Once it arrives and I trade in this Big Bend, I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not my dealer spots it. If I had to bet, I'd say it'll never be noticed.
Update from back in October: They didn't notice but still low balled my trade, of course.
Sponsored