JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Has anyone noticed on the FE build sheet the "Rear Underseat storage - Passenger side" is not available on the FE model, however if says its included on ford's website to build your bronco, first edition features?
When i did the configurator, the rear under-seat storage (Passenger Side Only) is shown as an Interior Feature for the First Edition
Sponsored

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
JamesT you are correct in the online configurator. Now look at the "Badlands" order guide and it mentions "Not available on First Edition"
Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 1595461693529

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JamesT you are correct in the online configurator. Now look at the "Badlands" order guide and it mentions "Not available on First Edition"
Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 1595461693529
That’s just confusing!

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know right!

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
any thoughts on color? Is triple coat worth it? Orange is nice but $$. Also, do you think PPF is worthwhile? I have it on another car. Washington state has lots of branches and gravel, so I am looking at that.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the orange, My partner has the Sabre (orange) color on the 2019 Ranger. It's extra, but makes it unique. I figured if I'm spending enough, might as well on the FE. I don't care for blue, the other colors seem drab. The red is nice, but I've always had issues with red vehicles. I don't know much about PPF. I'm more concerned about lower body panels and undercarriage.. with the bash plates I'll prolly rust out faster than most with the salt here in WI.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I thought the BL PACKAGE (not just the trim, but the BL package) included remote start

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't look like it on the configurator, however it does have FordPass Connect, so you can remote start from your phone.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Some media pages from ford at that have consistency issues with the main page for the 1st Edition page. For example
  • 6.5-inch Color LCD Instrument Panel vs what's listed below (and other sites reporting 8" display). I just test drove an escape for comparison sake and it had 8" display, any smaller and I would slump in sadness.
  • Another difference is a mini spare tire is mentioned and also that badlands and 1st edition include full size spare....
  • There may be more but these 2 caught my eye!
Consistency..... I'm paying for full size spare and 8" I hope and would argue!

"Smart in addition to being rugged, the vehicle features a SYNC® 3 system with an 8-inch touch screen and compatibility with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. Other available technology features include Ford+Alexa and SiriusXM™ satellite radio. "

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/07/13/all-new-ford-bronco-sport-rugged-small-suv.html

**** Update*** Ford just confirmed full spare tire and 8" touch screen (6.5 Instrument panel is behind steering wheel) .... I didn't know, haha.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chaseAbronco I have noticed those two things as well!

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Good to know. It would be nice if they would confirm why the Badlands has Co-Pilot 360 v 2.0 and first Edition doesn’t. I’m also seeing other folks ordering 18” wheels on the First Edition but I was only given an option for 17”.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Good to know. It would be nice if they would confirm why the Badlands has Co-Pilot 360 v 2.0 and first Edition doesn’t. I’m also seeing other folks ordering 18” wheels on the First Edition but I was only given an option for 17”.
I also see that....also notice it's the same order # for 3 of those on that list so someone could have just listed the incorrect wheel option.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I have a First Edition reserved and I don't believe the bolded part above is true. I know people are just going off of what they can see online. I think Ford did a poor job of listing the full details of each badge level.

It makes no sense to not offer the best features on your top of the line model, so I called my sales rep at my Ford dealer to ask what the deal is. He said his internal spec sheet confirms Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0 is standard on the First Edition. He also noted that the First Edition would have everything the Badlands did + exclusive First Edition only add-ons.

He said he'd look into finding some legitimate specs from Ford to confirm and get back to me. I also asked about the rear passenger under seat storage and mini-spare tire questions I've seen floating around as question marks about why they're available on the Badlands and not the First Edition.

I'll post an update when I hear back.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks @RonSwanson. Another thing I noticed on the website build and price is that the Roof Rail Crossbars, Off-Road were included at no charge. When the dealer converted to an order it showed up as a $340 adder. I'm reaching out to my dealer for clarification.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I'm not ordering until I can sit in one anyway.. so FE is never a option for me, unless a dealer winds up with one sitting in the showroom from a cancelled order.
Sponsored