OP
OP

Debby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve decided that on the next oil change I’m going to fabricate a piece to cover the hole I’m going to cut into the bottom shield. If it’s just for aerodynamics and mpg, I’m sure I can modify it for easy access to the filter and drain plug. I do like that it keeps the engine clean and somewhat protects the goofy plastic oil pan. Ugh
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I’ve decided that on the next oil change I’m going to fabricate a piece to cover the hole I’m going to cut into the bottom shield. If it’s just for aerodynamics and mpg, I’m sure I can modify it for easy access to the filter and drain plug. I do like that it keeps the engine clean and somewhat protects the goofy plastic oil pan. Ugh
If the world doesn't fit, you make alterations. I like it!

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
I just did our first oil change. I never read any warning about just how insanely fast the oil flows out of that huge plug hole... the diameter has to be twice of any oil pan plug hole I've ever seen, and even though I was prepared to put the drain pan back enough to catch the oil, the flow was still so massive that it splashed out of the top of the drain pan and messed up the driveway. If you plan to DIY, be extra prepared.....