Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husband’s F-150
I wasn’t able to order fender flares because one of my options wouldn’t allow it. I’m not sure if it was the moonroof, tech package, or 360º Assist+

Does anyone know off hand which option didn’t allow it? My biggest concern is adding after market fender flares and it messing up the 360º Assist+ in some way.

On the topic of fender flares, I want the type that are not stuck on with tape. Has anyone added them? Are there holes in the wheel well to actually attach them instead of taping them on? I won’t get them otherwise.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I wasn’t able to order fender flares because one of my options wouldn’t allow it. I’m not sure if it was the moonroof, tech package, or 360º Assist+

Does anyone know off hand which option didn’t allow it? My biggest concern is adding after market fender flares and it messing up the 360º Assist+ in some way.

On the topic of fender flares, I want the type that are not stuck on with tape. Has anyone added them? Are there holes in the wheel well to actually attach them instead of taping them on? I won’t get them otherwise.
I believe if you order mud flaps that would cancel fender flares .

Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares D0FB42C4-C869-4B88-8C32-654BBA399446

Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares F134B7F4-3FC3-49C0-94B2-760E6505B00B

Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares BC5793C1-E82E-4421-831A-C2BA5E4C209E

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
They won't interfere with any of your sensors at all. I don't believe any exist yet that aren't just glued on. Additionally, no OEM flares exist. They're all dealer installed options once your built BS arrives and none are installed at the factory. Not sure which of your options prevented you from adding flares, but the system is nitpicky about certain options going together even though they work just fine in reality. My dealer warned me I couldn't do flares and mud flaps together, but with a bit of hidden creative trimming, voila. Hope this helps.
Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares 20210807_094321

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They won't interfere with any of your sensors at all. I don't believe any exist yet that aren't just glued on. Additionally, no OEM flares exist. They're all dealer installed options once your built BS arrives and none are installed at the factory. Not sure which of your options prevented you from adding flares, but the system is nitpicky about certain options going together even though they work just fine in reality. My dealer warned me I couldn't do flares and mud flaps together, but with a bit of hidden creative trimming, voila. Hope this helps.
Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares 20210807_094321
These are the ones I was looking to install myself (with my husband’s help).

Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares 2CFDCED9-CF77-462F-9364-CF23A82E21B2

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are the ones I was looking to install myself (with my husband’s help).

Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares 2CFDCED9-CF77-462F-9364-CF23A82E21B2
Hmm, they look super duper similar to these. Keep us posted on how it goes if you get them. I haven't seen anyone install that exact brand yet. It says on the website no drilling or cutting required, so they must be held on with those included retainer clips and that's it. Same as the clipped on Bushwacker flares I believe, but cannot confirm since I have the Airdesign flares.

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, they look super duper similar to these. Keep us posted on how it goes if you get them. I haven't seen anyone install that exact brand yet. It says on the website no drilling or cutting required, so they must be held on with those included retainer clips and that's it. Same as the clipped on Bushwacker flares I believe, but cannot confirm since I have the Airdesign flares.
I’m asking for them for Christmas 🤞🏼 but might not have the patience to wait. These were less expensive than bushwhacker which makes it easier to ask someone else to by them for me. I will update if/when there’s progress.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
Did you install your flares, I purchased a set of Airdesign to install myself. Was curious as to how difficult they are to install. Still waiting on the BS to arrive.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you install your flares, I purchased a set of Airdesign to install myself. Was curious as to how difficult they are to install. Still waiting on the BS to arrive.
I wish I could say I did since the install is a piece of cake. But I asked my dealer to trim my mud flaps to fit since all I had was an X-acto knife which wouldn't exactly cut through that tough rubber cleanly. They just slapped the flares on while they were working on the flaps. The process is just applying a bunch of adhesive and sticking them on. They sit right over the original tiny flares every BS has.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I could say I did since the install is a piece of cake. But I asked my dealer to trim my mud flaps to fit since all I had was an X-acto knife which wouldn't exactly cut through that tough rubber cleanly. They just slapped the flares on while they were working on the flaps. The process is just applying a bunch of adhesive and sticking them on. They sit right over the original tiny flares every BS has.
Are the mud flaps ford or after market. Are you happy with the look. I've been thinking about mud flaps but not sure on how they would look with the flares. Even though they are add-ons, I like to keep a factory look.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the mud flaps ford or after market. Are you happy with the look. I've been thinking about mud flaps but not sure on how they would look with the flares. Even though they are add-ons, I like to keep a factory look.
They're the most expensive flaps off the Ford site. Very pricy for a set of four. But I got my dealership to throw them into my purchase, as well as the flares. I'm in love honestly. Taking them off and moving them onto my new Badlands when it arrives. They're quality enough to look OEM.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're the most expensive flaps off the Ford site. Very pricy for a set of four. But I got my dealership to throw them into my purchase, as well as the flares. I'm in love honestly. Taking them off and moving them onto my new Badlands when it arrives. They're quality enough to look OEM.
Thank you, will look into them. Yours looks great.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moonroof.
Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares Screenshot (24)

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moonroof.
Ford Bronco Sport Fender Flares Screenshot (24)
Is there any rhyme or reason? I’m still wondering why you need the tech package if you get the moonroof. That is a really random list of things you can’t get with a moonroof…on/off road assistance kit? Do you never need “assistance” if you have a moonroof?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any rhyme or reason? I’m still wondering why you need the tech package if you get the moonroof. That is a really random list of things you can’t get with a moonroof…on/off road assistance kit? Do you never need “assistance” if you have a moonroof?
Makes zero sense to me. However, the fender flares are dealer installed options (the sorts of things one should never include with the order, IMO), so the dealer should be able to order and install them for you unless you want to go with a different brand. I think the ones Elegance has are pretty spiffy looking.

OP
OP
Jenbeth

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes zero sense to me. However, the fender flares are dealer installed options (the sorts of things one should never include with the order, IMO), so the dealer should be able to order and install them for you unless you want to go with a different brand. I think the ones Elegance has are pretty spiffy looking.
I think my hubby (a Navy Man himself) is getting the clip on ones I posted, but I will send him a link to the others, too. Might do mud flaps also, still thinking about it.
Sponsored