FE Roof Rail Crossbars-Why are they missing?

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
Steven tillett
The case # I was given was CAS-29350395-Q6S7L1
Sponsored

ElBronc

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Steven tillett
The case # I was given was CAS-29350395-Q6S7L1
I was charged for my crossbars as a Dealer Installed add-on on my First Edition. Did they rip $300 off me? Should I contact Ford?

joekoz

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jag XE, 2021 BS FE
I was charged for my crossbars as a Dealer Installed add-on on my First Edition. Did they rip $300 off me? Should I contact Ford?
It couldnt hurt to call Ford. You can give them the vin and you'll get an answer

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I stopped by my dealer to pick up a couple of accessories and inquired about my cross bars. They told me not to expect them before February. WTF? I know it's not the dealers fault but I'd like a refund.

OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
I stopped by my dealer to pick up a couple of accessories and inquired about my cross bars. They told me not to expect them before February. WTF? I know it's not the dealers fault but I'd like a refund.
It's kinda crazy that the delay would be so long. I haven't sorted it out with my dealer yet, hopefully I'll get mine or get a refund idk. It seems that the experience that most are facing at the dealer is that the dealer has no knowledge of the crossbars needing to be included, or that they don't even have them and really don't know when they will be receiving them. Makes it frustrating for both the customer and the dealer. It'd be nice if Ford would send out a statement to the dealers to let them know that yes if a First Edition is or was sold, it comes with the crossbars (although they may show up much later than the vehicle itself). That way at least the dealer would be able to understand that we are missing something and to keep an eye out for when our crossbars actually show up.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@joekoz @STEVEN TILLETT any updates on your contact with Ford? Is the previously stated case number to prove to Ford that the cross bars should have been included at NC with the FE package?

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
@joekoz @STEVEN TILLETT any updates on your contact with Ford? Is the previously stated case number to prove to Ford that the cross bars should have been included at NC with the FE package?
Good afternoon Bryan,
After getting the runaround with the VOP Folks and the road to no where with the Customer
Relationship Center I caught a break. Spoke with a really nice lady in the Business Assistance
Center named Loretta last week. My case number is CAS: 29440021. Of course the standard response is they will research my concern and get back with me. However we agreed that this is not a dealership issue but a marketing order processing glitch. I'm confident that it will be resolved and as soon as I get that information I will definitely post it for all to see.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks Steven, appreciate the follow up! My dealer has been more than fare to me through the purchasing process, I'm not interested in causing them any more harm or stress. LOL. If this is on Ford marketing, I think a refund is warranted. Heck, I'd even take a parts department credit. It's not like I'm going to stop buying accessories for my Sport!

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
Thanks Steven, appreciate the follow up! My dealer has been more than fare to me through the purchasing process, I'm not interested in causing them any more harm or stress. LOL. If this is on Ford marketing, I think a refund is warranted. Heck, I'd even take a parts department credit. It's not like I'm going to stop buying accessories for my Sport!
Not sure if I mentioned this or you checked my profile but I'm the Ford Fleet Manager for a family owned and family run Auto Group in and around Houston, TX. In my 20 years of doing this I've seen a lot of crazy things and would venture to say that this matter is just an oversight and was not done intentionally to rip loyal customers off. This thing just has to get to the right person so it can be handled in a manner that provides the best solution for everyone. Just doing the math on the cost of the cross bars alone for the Bronco FE eclipses $600K. So it's not a decision that's going to be made outside the Executive Office. Stay tuned for more information to come...

STEVEN TILLETT

First Edition
First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT
The crossbars retail at $340. This was a build and price error and oversight from Ford (not the dealership) like you said. The sticker was correct, it was the build and price that had the price mistakes like several other options. No way do I believe this was done to rip on customers, it was a mistake. No dealership should have to pay out their pocket for fords build and price mistake. Now if they want to, that’s on them. One way to fix it would be for Ford to give FE customers a $340 accessory credit ($340x2000=$680,000) that’s on them.

I think they sold 5,000 bronco sports in December so hypothetically if they were all atleast base trim msrp that’s $28,000x5000=$140,000,000-the cost to produce and sell each unit.
Ford Bronco Sport FE Roof Rail Crossbars-Why are they missing? FAAF6CEA-053E-4E28-9E56-59D47D7FDA47
Well let's just say that slogans sentence is 50% correct. It's one of a kind but not fully loaded.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Don't get me started on the FE "fully loaded" rant because I will. :curse:

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I know that feeling but it's my wife's new ride I just ordered myself the Outer Banks trimmed Bronco.
The Sport belongs to my wife as well. I had a reservation for a 2 door but cancelled. I might jump back in, but I have about 3 years before I retire. An order for a full size Bronco placed today should arrive about that time. Lol.
Sponsored