Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wife says her Sports alarm has gone off for no apparent reason multiple times. Is this common with the sports? Full size had a run of bad hood latch/triggers. One would think the app would have a record of what triggered it.
Sponsored

RWT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Check both of the key fobs. The panic button is too easy to push.
Yes, waaaaay too easy to push. Of all the vehicle I've owned, I never accidentally triggered the panic alarm. I've had my BS/BL for 2.5 months and I have probably triggered it 6 times.

OP
OP

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any way to know what triggered alarm? Not thinking key fob being the issue as it’s never happened at home.

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'd have to go with accidental activation theory as well. I was setting mine off so many times I thought the fob was messed up or I was. My solution was to attach the fob ( I genuinely hate that word) to a carabineer and intentionally carry the key by the carabineer. Seems to have helped.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Wife says her Sports alarm has gone off for no apparent reason multiple times. Is this common with the sports? Full size had a run of bad hood latch/triggers. One would think the app would have a record of what triggered it.
Mine went off a couple times while the fob was in my pocket. I guess one of the keys on the key ring pushed it. Embarrassing when you are at the gas pump.

OP
OP

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Nope. No way to know.
Lame don’t you think? You would think the App would give you a message. I’m sure the info is recorded. Probably a future monthly fee in the works.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yes, waaaaay too easy to push. Of all the vehicle I've owned, I never accidentally triggered the panic alarm. I've had my BS/BL for 2.5 months and I have probably triggered it 6 times.
Ditto. I've NEVER triggered the alarm on ANY of my Jeeps yet I've done it 3 times already on my BSBB.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
Any way to know what triggered alarm? Not thinking key fob being the issue as it’s never happened at home.
I had this issue with my Escape Hybrid and the dealer attached a scanner to the car and monitored the car for about a seek. When the alarm went off, the scanner recorded the sensor that triggered the alarm. In my case, it was one of the door sensors that triggered it. Required replacement of some of the components in that door. Diagnosis and repair was over $1000 but I am sure that it made my neighbors happy..

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My old Escape would randomly go off for no reason. Good thing is it stopped by itself after 5 minutes. My neighbors would probably rather have you as a neighbor than me. I still have the whale Moan and probably will until I do the rear brakes but that will be in 10-15 years.
Sponsored