Fabric Wheel Well Upkeep and Tips

Bubmoo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Base
I go offroading pretty consistently in mud now that I’ve got my 1.5 inch lift, but have recently noticed that the fabric wheelwells (or whatever you call them) continue to get loose and get pulled apart from the screw, or fall off the screw while it is still there. Does anybody have any tips to prevent this, the part numbers for replacement fabric wheelwells, the screws that are used for under, and anything else regarding this? I drive the base model with the 1.5 L.

Ford Bronco Sport Fabric Wheel Well Upkeep and Tips IMG_7908

Ford Bronco Sport Fabric Wheel Well Upkeep and Tips IMG_7907

Ford Bronco Sport Fabric Wheel Well Upkeep and Tips IMG_7906
Sponsored

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
After my first real muddy trail run and then pressure washing the wheel wells and underneath …. I realized these are “wear and TEAR” items. If I’m gonna play I got to pay.

I recommend you check out JCR OFF-ROAD and HRG Off-road for under armor if you are off-roading like that.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
After my first real muddy trail run and then pressure washing the wheel wells and underneath …. I realized these are “wear and TEAR” items. If I’m gonna play I got to pay.

I recommend you check out JCR OFF-ROAD and HRG Off-road for under armor if you are off-roading like that.
Yup. I posted a couple of years back these should be considered wear items, like brakes and batteries. My post was soundly panned. Ford—like almost every other manufacturer—switched to these because they are lightweight compared to metal liners, and they don't corrode. Because they're made of fabric, they will dry, so they won't hold moisture against metal parts which would promote corrosion. All-in-all, these solve a lot of engineering problems, but they're not "durable," so many owners don't like them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bubmoo

Bubmoo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Base

noted, thank you!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yup. I posted a couple of years back these should be considered wear items, like brakes and batteries. My post was soundly panned. Ford—like almost every other manufacturer—switched to these because they are lightweight compared to metal liners, and they don't corrode. Because they're made of fabric, they will dry, so they won't hold moisture against metal parts which would promote corrosion. All-in-all, these solve a lot of engineering problems, but they're not "durable," so many owners don't like them.
Wear items is fine with me. Do you happen to have the full list of part numbers that would be useful to owners needing replacement fabric? Probably most of the fabric is the same part numbers for different bronco sport models ‘21-‘24 with some unique to specific models. If you didn’t pull that part # list together that’s fine, just asking if you have it. Thanks!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Wear items is fine with me. Do you happen to have the full list of part numbers that would be useful to owners needing replacement fabric? Probably most of the fabric is the same part numbers for different bronco sport models ‘21-‘24 with some unique to specific models. If you didn’t pull that part # list together that’s fine, just asking if you have it. Thanks!
No, I don't have a list. I believe one of our members has a copy of the shop manual (@Bucko?). That should make it easy to pull together a parts list.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I don't have a list. I believe one of our members has a copy of the shop manual (@Bucko?). That should make it easy to pull together a parts list.
That would be awesome if @Bucko could do that. I’m sure it would be much appreciated by all!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Mrmike … see the thread (this post) starting with Mark S post discussing the fabric under the bronco sport.

Would you be willing to put together a list of part numbers? Having such a list would be helpful to all Owners that have to replace these.

Here’s two threads but reading the entire post will give you the background information on the topic.

Ford Bronco Sport Fabric Wheel Well Upkeep and Tips 1696083526516

Ford Bronco Sport Fabric Wheel Well Upkeep and Tips 1696083442560

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
That would be awesome if @Bucko could do that. I’m sure it would be much appreciated by all!
If I can locate the disk and hard drive I copied it to, I will be glade share it. I put it in a safe place...too safe for me to find it so far.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
If I can locate the disk and hard drive I copied it to, I will be glade share it. I put it in a safe place...too safe for me to find it so far.

Bucko you're too young for that to happen. Talk to me in conversations if you need another copy.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I think you can go to the parts department at any FORD . Give them your VIN and get an AS BULIT list of all your parts on your SPORT.

Yes having this thread to quickly get a itemized list of the exact part numbers would be convenient… so thanks to all for their efforts.

BTW My 20’ Ranger has molded plastic wheel well covers So it’s possible to have something similar but again it’s about production and cost.
Sponsored