Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Now that production dates are getting closer it's time to start thinking about warranty options. I'm not too familiar with Ford's offering when it comes to extended warranties but with this being a first year model I'm thinking it might not be a bad thing to have. When I purchased my Subaru Forester in 2018 I was able to shop around for factory (not dealer3rd party) warranties. I live in and bought the car from a MD dealer but ended up buying a warranty from a dealer in New England and saved over $800 from what my purchasing dealer was offering - when I told the dealer about the lower price he said he couldn't match it. The dealer I purchased the warranty from sold them all over the country (with the exception of a few states that don't allow it) and was very active on the Subaru forums. Any idea if this can be done with Ford and if the warranty is transferable if the vehicle is sold? @Granger Ford can you weigh in?
Sponsored

tpharrison

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F250, Escape, Bronco Sport preordered
I have purchased three extended service warranties from Harold Zeigler Ford. I believe that they are in Florida and I live in PA. The cost was MUCH lower than from my local dealer.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I have purchased three extended service warranties from Harold Zeigler Ford. I believe that they are in Florida and I live in PA. The cost was MUCH lower than from my local dealer.
How much did they cost if you don’t mind me asking?

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Be very careful before buying any third party warranty -- like those advertised on TV or via texts. Things like lift kits (even those installed by the dealer) can void some of the third party warranties. (Not the actual Ford warranties). I **believe** you also have x-number of miles or years to buy an extended Ford warranty, so you don't have to buy it with the vehicle. Maybe Granger can verify this. Given this is a first year production, I would positively buy the Ford extended warrant if you plan to keep the vehicle past the existing warranty. I'm not sure if Ford can promise an extended warranty at a later date, then change the offer, so buying the extended warranty now might not be a bad idea if you can afford it.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Correct. I’m not referring to 3rd party warranties some dealers sell, only those offered by Ford Factory.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Now that production dates are getting closer it's time to start thinking about warranty options. I'm not too familiar with Ford's offering when it comes to extended warranties but with this being a first year model I'm thinking it might not be a bad thing to have. When I purchased my Subaru Forester in 2018 I was able to shop around for factory (not dealer3rd party) warranties. I live in and bought the car from a MD dealer but ended up buying a warranty from a dealer in New England and saved over $800 from what my purchasing dealer was offering - when I told the dealer about the lower price he said he couldn't match it. The dealer I purchased the warranty from sold them all over the country (with the exception of a few states that don't allow it) and was very active on the Subaru forums. Any idea if this can be done with Ford and if the warranty is transferable if the vehicle is sold? @Granger Ford can you weigh in?
Ford Bronco Sport Extended Warranty 1602891983498

Last edited:

tpharrison

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F250, Escape, Bronco Sport preordered
How much did they cost if you don’t mind me asking?
I paid about 1300 on a 2017 Escape Titanium, 1600 on a 2016 Explorer and 1900 on a 2013 F250 XLT

coralgrouper

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Bronco Sport Badlands on order
There are Ford dealers that will sell ESP's online -- I bought mine after the original 3/36 expired at a great price from Battlefield Ford in VA, and I'm in MA.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I looked at that site the ford guy linked for the esp. Long list of parts it does cover. Unfortunately based on what little has gone wrong with my current 11 year old vehicle, none of its very limited issues would be covered.

To be fair right now I have a Toyota which prides itself on quality so they say, but have had other brands in the past that didn't have major issues that would be covered under the esp either. In fact, most of the parts the esp does cover are major components. It worries me that Ford thinks its quality is so bad I will need to replace a major part of the sport in short order.

On the plus side, since my 2022 badlands is still many months away I have time to wait and see what goes horribly wrong with the 2021's. So far for the most part things that I have read about failing are covered under the factory warranty; as they should be. Most likely I will hold off any other warranties until after the factory one is close to running out.

Now some sort of warranty that will completely strip the entire paint off the entire sport and do it over with the same color properly... that is worth considering. Automotive paint from all companies seems to be bargain basement garbage. That includes Toyota. Never did understand why paint is such a difficult thing to do properly. Its just paint, not rocket science.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have purchased the esp fromm Lombard Ford on my last 2 vehicles. Depends on the warranty if it's transfers, but the full esp bumper to bumper is transferrable or you can get credit back for unused. I shopped for weeks at pricing for warranties he was the best but not by much until I got a discount for returning customer. https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/ best of luck when you get the BS

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I only buy from the manufacturer when buying an extended warranty. I did buy the Ford PremiumCare plan for my BS OB and GAP insurance.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
I have had a very positive experience with the Ford ESP warranty on my F150. I originally refused the ESP after I found I had a year to pick it up the coverage at the same price, after that it went up. From suggestions on the F150 forum I started looking around and found several out of state dealers offering the ESP at rates a lot less than my local dealer. I ended up with Flood Ford. When I took delivery on the BS the dealer sold me what I thought was a Ford ESP but it turned out to be a 3rd party warranty. I went back and cancelled the 3rd party plan. I showed the salesman the quote from Flood Ford and after he spoke with the general manager they said they could match the price/coverage on the Ford ESP. I ended up with longer coverage with more options (like key fob replacement, LED light coverage) than the 3rd party warranty for the same money. If your local dealer can't /won't do it. move on to an out of area dealer that will, it doesn't matter where you buy it from, it's the same Ford ESP.

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I went with an extended warranty that covers the windshield, ECUs, tires for total of 72 months. I was going to decline but they lowered my interest rate significantly and only increased payment by $3.
Sponsored