Extended Warranty

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Subaru Forester XT
Now that production dates are getting closer it's time to start thinking about warranty options. I'm not too familiar with Ford's offering when it comes to extended warranties but with this being a first year model I'm thinking it might not be a bad thing to have. When I purchased my Subaru Forester in 2018 I was able to shop around for factory (not dealer3rd party) warranties. I live in and bought the car from a MD dealer but ended up buying a warranty from a dealer in New England and saved over $800 from what my purchasing dealer was offering - when I told the dealer about the lower price he said he couldn't match it. The dealer I purchased the warranty from sold them all over the country (with the exception of a few states that don't allow it) and was very active on the Subaru forums. Any idea if this can be done with Ford and if the warranty is transferable if the vehicle is sold? @Granger Ford can you weigh in?

tpharrison

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F250, Escape, Bronco Sport preordered
I have purchased three extended service warranties from Harold Zeigler Ford. I believe that they are in Florida and I live in PA. The cost was MUCH lower than from my local dealer.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Be very careful before buying any third party warranty -- like those advertised on TV or via texts. Things like lift kits (even those installed by the dealer) can void some of the third party warranties. (Not the actual Ford warranties). I **believe** you also have x-number of miles or years to buy an extended Ford warranty, so you don't have to buy it with the vehicle. Maybe Granger can verify this. Given this is a first year production, I would positively buy the Ford extended warrant if you plan to keep the vehicle past the existing warranty. I'm not sure if Ford can promise an extended warranty at a later date, then change the offer, so buying the extended warranty now might not be a bad idea if you can afford it.

OP

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Subaru Forester XT
Correct. I’m not referring to 3rd party warranties some dealers sell, only those offered by Ford Factory.

Granger Ford

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Now that production dates are getting closer it's time to start thinking about warranty options. I'm not too familiar with Ford's offering when it comes to extended warranties but with this being a first year model I'm thinking it might not be a bad thing to have. When I purchased my Subaru Forester in 2018 I was able to shop around for factory (not dealer3rd party) warranties. I live in and bought the car from a MD dealer but ended up buying a warranty from a dealer in New England and saved over $800 from what my purchasing dealer was offering - when I told the dealer about the lower price he said he couldn't match it. The dealer I purchased the warranty from sold them all over the country (with the exception of a few states that don't allow it) and was very active on the Subaru forums. Any idea if this can be done with Ford and if the warranty is transferable if the vehicle is sold? @Granger Ford can you weigh in?
If you are looking for a Ford ESP (we do not sell them) there are many online vendors that sell them to most states and are very price competitive and very nice to work with...Ziegler Ford is one I have bought one from...
1602891983498.png