Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
I just took delivery of the vehicle and popped open the hood and NO plastic engine cover that sits on top. Is the car missing the cover, should I use my ford pass points to purchase it and is there a part # number? What have other forum members done?
Ford Bronco Sport Engine Cover Badlands 2.0 missing 20FC4D00-EB43-4236-88D3-C502D52F52E1
Sponsored

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Interesting. You would think for the highest trim level of the BL you would at least get that.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ford dropped the ball on that one. I’ve watched the ice melt on my hood and I have the coveted cover. I always get a perfect pattern of the engine cover.
Looks like way more heat right above my cover so without one I’d be thinking about paint damage overtime.
I read that covers may not be available at all in the near future.
I’d install hood insulation. Covering the whole underside of the hood would be better for a little faster cold morning warm up I’d bet.
But without anything if I was sitting in traffic in say Florida or Texas in the hot summer I’d be somewhat concerned about my hood paint after three or four years.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just took delivery of the vehicle and popped open the hood and NO plastic engine cover that sits on top. Is the car missing the cover, should I use my ford pass points to purchase it and is there a part # number? What have other forum members done?
Ford Bronco Sport Engine Cover Badlands 2.0 missing 20FC4D00-EB43-4236-88D3-C502D52F52E1
That really depends on when the car was built. BL after Feb 1st no more engine covers. If it was built prior, you should demand it be replaced.

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Ford dropped the ball on that one. I’ve watched the ice melt on my hood and I have the coveted cover. I always get a perfect pattern of the engine cover.
Looks like way more heat right above my cover so without one I’d be thinking about paint damage overtime.
I’d install hood insulation. Covering the whole underside of the hood would be better for a little faster cold morning warm up I’d bet.
But without anything if I was sitting in traffic in say Florida or Texas in the hot summer I’d be somewhat concerned about my hood paint after three or four years.
Can you order hood insulation from Ford? Or is there something you recommend? Thanks

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just wondering how did you even know to think one would be missing?

Or rather if you just it looked at your engine and it didn't have a cover on it if something else didn't already put that in your mind would it just look like an engine?

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
That really depends on when the car was built. BL after Feb 1st no more engine covers. If it was built prior, you should demand it be replaced.
The bulletin about this was dated for the 1st. But I don't think any '22s have been built with an engine cover, maybe the first batch. Ford is still trying to source them and has them in the parts catalog so you can order one if it really bothers you that much. Might take a while to get it, or maybe never.

Our '22 Badlands was built mid-December. No engine cover. Our '21 Badlands has it....

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Great, thanks, did you order for a 2021? I'm assuming it will work for both model years, and does it come with the push clips for install?
Thanks again
I just told the parts guy what I was looking for and he ordered. All the clips are integrated into the insulator. No tools required.

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
Fords used to come with both the trim cover and underhood insulation
Sponsored