Driver Seat Cushion Lobsided/Giving Out?

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Probs cause they use squishy filler and breaks down easy. And doesn’t feel like there’s enough. The seats are too soft and don’t hold weight that well. I don’t think they’re gonna wear well with the materials they used. The bolsters don’t have enough support. Going around turns feels like you’re going to roll off the cushion
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
PetariJ

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did anyone get a dealer fix on this issue? If so what was the fix so I know what to tell my dealer when I bring it in - TIA
Picking it up now. They couldn’t replicate the issue and said my photos of the tilted seat back are normal. So I have nothing new to report

OP
OP
PetariJ

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone discovered the issue and a solution to the left leaning seat cushion issue?

My OB has about 20k miles now, and I feel like I'm now leaning towards the door. It is especially bad when taking a right hand turn compared to a left. Right hand and I feel like I'm forced into the door. Left hand is nowhere near as harsh, not forced into console.
No issue. They said my leaning seat back is normal and they couldn’t replicate the issue or find anything off

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
I put down my back seats to try and get a view from the back. The chair leans to the left for sure. Also wtf is up with my back zipper pocket? It doesn’t look like how it’s supposed to be positioned in other broncos? Checked out an OB yesterday and that tipped me off that the seat should be much more comfortable still and that my zipper pocket looks like it was yanked out of its holding space.

Ford Bronco Sport Driver Seat Cushion Lobsided/Giving Out? EA18FF30-9579-4A11-A9A4-E2E37C6549ED

Ford Bronco Sport Driver Seat Cushion Lobsided/Giving Out? 027B4D26-E984-4837-8247-FECF146447F4
Ford Bronco Sport Driver Seat Cushion Lobsided/Giving Out? 1651524871945

Right side stitching rides on top of "shoulder"
Left side stitching rides below "shoulder"

OP
OP
PetariJ

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Driver Seat Cushion Lobsided/Giving Out? 1651524871945

Right side stitching rides on top of "shoulder"
Left side stitching rides below "shoulder"
Thanks for validating that.

Also, for all bronco owners, is my pouch supposed to be popping out? It’s inserted on my passenger seat.

OP
OP
PetariJ

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Quick update. Took it to a third dealership after picking up. Service manager agrees something is wrong following assessment and sitting in the car. Believes the issue with the chair is frame related, not cushions as last two dealers tried. Will attempt to replace the entire chair over the next few weeks. Dropping it off next Wednesday.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
That tends to happen with age.

... sorry, couldn't help myself. Pouch?
I’m wondering if “lobsided” is also age related? I know that lopsided is.

Flicker

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Quick update. Took it to a third dealership after picking up. Service manager agrees something is wrong following assessment and sitting in the car. Believes the issue with the chair is frame related, not cushions as last two dealers tried. Will attempt to replace the entire chair over the next few weeks. Dropping it off next Wednesday.
Any luck with that seat replacement? My seat feels like it’s leaning to the left too! Taking it in the the dealership this coming Thursday.

OP
OP
PetariJ

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any luck with that seat replacement? My seat feels like it’s leaning to the left too! Taking it in the the dealership this coming Thursday.
Picking it up tomorrow. From what they told me they’re replacing the cushion again but they more importantly are replacing the seat frame, which they said had a bend in the frame toward the door. So cross your fingers!

Last edited:

Juanchoch

Badlands
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Not sure if this is the right area for this. I have had my FE for about 2000 miles now and I feel that I'm beginning to lean toward my door, as if either the outer side of the seat has sunk, or the side closer to the center console is hard. I don't have this same experience on the front passenger side, and I'm only about 6' 200 lbs.
Does anyone have this sort of sensation or experience?
Yes I have experienced the exact thing in my badlands leather seats. I believe it’s the way the seat foam is made. Not dense on that side. My 2 cents.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Yes I have experienced the exact thing in my badlands leather seats. I believe it’s the way the seat foam is made. Not dense on that side. My 2 cents.
Same on my badlands with the brown leather. I just assumed the seat bottom sucked. That's what I heard on a review of the Bronco Sport back in the day when The Smoking Tire took it offroad. He said the seat backs were good but the bottoms were too short and not supportive. It does feel thinner on the left, so I'm thinking of putting some extra padding on that side if I can get the seat cover off easily.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Following. This is the one thing I’ve found annoying so far about mine (BL with brown leather seats). It’s ever so slightly off. I thought it was just me & the way my body is, the way I sit. But I was over to the dealership today & asked service about it.

The service manager’s manager did sit in the driver’s seat, acknowledged the little lean out I thought it had & then tried the passenger seat. He figures that’s just the way it’s designed because the passenger seat has a similar outward lean, for as small as it is. Of course they had none on the lot, but a customer happened to have a BL w/ premium in for service, so he tried their car (I didn’t ask to sit in another customer’s car to try it myself) & found the seat felt the same.

But honestly it’s just as described on here, like the seat foam is denser towards the center & less towards the edge. Or something rather odd. & it’s not a lot, 1/16” maybe? Just enough that you feel it. Yet it seems that may be the way it’s designed due to all the different models & all years that have this. I’m hoping I either get used to it as the seat wears in more, or discover it’s a real issue with a real fix, because I love the car otherwise.

Flicker

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Following. This is the one thing I’ve found annoying so far about mine (BL with brown leather seats). It’s ever so slightly off. I thought it was just me & the way my body is, the way I sit. But I was over to the dealership today & asked service about it.

The service manager’s manager did sit in the driver’s seat, acknowledged the little lean out I thought it had & then tried the passenger seat. He figures that’s just the way it’s designed because the passenger seat has a similar outward lean, for as small as it is. Of course they had none on the lot, but a customer happened to have a BL w/ premium in for service, so he tried their car (I didn’t ask to sit in another customer’s car to try it myself) & found the seat felt the same.

But honestly it’s just as described on here, like the seat foam is denser towards the center & less towards the edge. Or something rather odd. & it’s not a lot, 1/16” maybe? Just enough that you feel it. Yet it seems that may be the way it’s designed due to all the different models & all years that have this. I’m hoping I either get used to it as the seat wears in more, or discover it’s a real issue with a real fix, because I love the car otherwise.
took mine to the dealer last week. They are replacing the seat itself. Both the service manager and dealer rep felt it was off and leaning left. Also! I noticed some of the headliner appeared to be “bubbling” near the driver side just above the plastic part that leads to the dash. They agreed it was cut too short (not fitting under the black seal). They are also doing a complete headliner replacement! I hope these SUVs aren’t lemons.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
took mine to the dealer last week. They are replacing the seat itself. Both the service manager and dealer rep felt it was off and leaning left. Also! I noticed some of the headliner appeared to be “bubbling” near the driver side just above the plastic part that leads to the dash. They agreed it was cut too short (not fitting under the black seal). They are also doing a complete headliner replacement! I hope these SUVs aren’t lemons.
All the best on yours! Curious to know if the new seat corrects it For you. My sales guy promised to make it right if a fix was possible, but in my case I think it was just me getting used to it & sitting properly in the seat as I don’t feel the lean now. I told him not to worry about it for now. Honestly though I don’t see enough on here to convince me that these are lemons, at least not at a rate any greater than any other vehicle. So I hope not too.
Sponsored