The_Red92

Big Bend
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Has anyone else experienced this? The only time ours does it is when you drive it for the first time every morning. When backing out of the garage, it sounds like the brakes are dragging. Then it doesn't make the sound again until the next day. Took it to the dealership just for them to tell me nothing is wrong
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Has anyone else experienced this? The only time ours does it is when you drive it for the first time every morning. When backing out of the garage, it sounds like the brakes are dragging. Then it doesn't make the sound again until the next day. Took it to the dealership just for them to tell me nothing is wrong
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I get it as well. I’m not worried about it yet.

OP
OP

The_Red92

Big Bend
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I get it as well. I’m not worried about it yet.
I think it’s more of a “I paid $x for a brand new vehicle, I shouldn’t have issues that are undressed” deal for me

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I think it’s more of a “I paid $x for a brand new vehicle, I shouldn’t have issues that are undressed” deal for me
Well, hopefully FoMoCo will do something or say something to ease your mind. I only get it when I back up after it has sat for a long period like over night or at work.

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes, hear the same dragging noise. I only hear it in reverse. Have noticed more brake dust than usual. I don't think this is normal considering that mine is a little over a month old.

Johnh

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport ob 10 flhtk
Mine is still doing it also when backing up ford cannot verify. Also had brake recall done it does have a better stopping now .but that has nothing to do with the rear brake harmonic noise

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Mine is still doing it also when backing up ford cannot verify. Also had brake recall done it does have a better stopping now .but that has nothing to do with the rear brake harmonic noise
Hi there. This brake noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sobieski

Big Bend
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport - AKA Mulder
Okay so this may not be the problem BUT I am going to offer it. Our Patriot Jeep would have a high pitch noise after a storm shower or in the morning while backing up when lite rust would collect on the disk. Also, our Pacifica 2018 would have it too. Chrysler acknowledge it after a few years as being a vibration when you feather the break because of their pad's backing plate (the thin skin of metal on the pads). The metal from OEM part would detach and vibrate under these conditions - no real problem with that - but a new break with hardly any grime, dust or dirt makes a great place for some harmonics to occur. Chrysler basically took the pads off, added anti squeal lubricant's to where the plate meets the caliper and voila - no further noise. Plate is still loose but gummy anti squeal absorbs the sound.

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had this noise since I bought it, however it's been better since summer started. Sounds like a boat horn in a harbor.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
same noise here, 24,000 km. only during reverse first thing in the morning.

Reactions: Jrl
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes, hear the same dragging noise. I only hear it in reverse. Have noticed more brake dust than usual. I don't think this is normal considering that mine is a little over a month old.
I took mine last week to dealership. They kept it overnight only to tell me that nothing is wrong and that they could not replicate the dragging noise in reverse. They said the pads are still in great shape. However, in reverse i still hear the dragging noise.

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had this happen on a new Mini and the dealer said it was normal. They said the cause of grinding/scraping sound in the brake system is caused by moisture on the rotor after sitting overnight, but will usually disappear after you apply the brake a few times. Which it did. I hear the same thing on my BS when I'm backing out of the garage in the morning, but it goes away.
Sponsored

Last edited: