Does Towing Package come with full-size spare tire?

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi, guys! SG here.

I have a question about the towing package on the Bronco Sport. In the b&p it says that it has a full-size spare tire included. I've looked everywhere to see if this is true or not, but so far nothing. Is this true?
Sponsored

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Hi, guys! SG here.

I have a question about the towing package on the Bronco Sport. In the b&p it says that it has a full-size spare tire included. I've looked everywhere to see if this is true or not, but so far nothing. Is this true?
My Outer Banks has full size spare. I believe all factory orders with hitch package have full size.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
When my dealer entered the specs for my order; the sales manager said that when you enter the tow package, mini spare disappears from one column and full sized spare appears in another. I ordered the tow package mostly to get the full size spare.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'd like to hear the cost on the factory installed tow package WITH the full size spare so I can compare with my future add on cost to my base model.
You know, tow rig, hitch, wireing etc, with out spare..

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I may be wrong but I believe the "full Size" spare is the same diameter as the stock tires but still narrower. Still better than a mini spare but not exactly the same as the main tires. I don't have mine yet but I seem to remember this when checking out a badlands with the tow package at the dealer.

OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
When my dealer entered the specs for my order; the sales manager said that when you enter the tow package, mini spare disappears from one column and full sized spare appears in another. I ordered the tow package mostly to get the full size spare.
Thanks for the confirmation! I'm just wondering because I think it's better to avoid the mini spares (my dad calls them donut tires) and instead look for a full-size instead since they're bigger (duh!) and last longer.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may be wrong but I believe the "full Size" spare is the same diameter as the stock tires but still narrower. Still better than a mini spare but not exactly the same as the main tires. I don't have mine yet but I seem to remember this when checking out a badlands with the tow package at the dealer.
The one I looked at had what appeared to be a steel wheel and a slightly narrower tire. But it beats a doughnut when it's 10:00 P.M. and you're 300 miles from home.

OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The one I looked at had what appeared to be a steel wheel and a slightly narrower tire. But it beats a doughnut when it's 10:00 P.M. and you're 300 miles from home.
Exactly. Also, another downside to having to use a donut tire is that you have to drive at a slower speed than usual because they expect you to go straight to a tire store to get it fixed.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. Also, another downside to having to use a donut tire is that you have to drive at a slower speed than usual because they expect you to go straight to a tire store to get it fixed.
When Chevy started using those back in the late 70s, the rule was no more than 40 MPH for no further than 40 miles

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
On vehicles with 18ā€ wheels/tires (std Outer Banks, opt Big Bend) the ā€˜full size spareā€™ is still 17ā€ wheel/tire.

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
Our Outer Banks with Tow package has a 225/65-17 Spare, and it was 495 sticker price. I looked under the vehicle and the hitch is all one piece with what is the Bumper Beam. also note the rear Fascia (bumper plastic) is different from the non-tow packages.

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
Also, the full-sized spares (They are wider) have a higher floor, so a bit reduced cargo capacity.

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
Being a Bronco (Sport), it's not a temporary spare (e.g. a Maxxis unit). At least on a Big Bend, it's a ContiProContact just like the other 4, though on a steel wheel. So it's a proper wheel and tire, but may not match the larger wheels/tires depending on configuration.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes the Factory tow package has a full-size spare tire. As mentioned above the floor of the cargo area is slightly raised. There is a good amount of room in there as well. Mine was the exact same size, brand and model as the 4 that were on the car from factory. Also, with the factory tow option and the larger "floor cover" a larger spare can be fit if you choose to change your tires to a different size. The attached photo is a 245-65-17 (stock size was 225-65-17) I do not think a larger diameter would fit in the factory spare location without some serious modifications.

Ford Bronco Sport Does Towing Package come with full-size spare tire? tempImagecby5Gl
Sponsored