Does the BS fuel door lock or not? Anyone else concerned about this?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
does not lock on the base. i would like to see a locking cap of some sort, i hate to say but i just dont trust people. i mean, if someone wants your gas, they're gonna take it. been seeing alot of fuel thefts where they just crawl underneath and drill a hole in the plastic tank.
Sponsored

Michael

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
They tried today the Ford locking gas plug today, does not work for my 21 Bronco Sport Outerbanks. And of course the fuel door doesnt lock. There are reports of criminals drilling holes thru gas tanks near Seattle. I think not having a locking gas cap or plug in the BS is a mistake. Anyone find an alternative locking gas cap?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
They tried today the Ford locking gas plug today, does not work for my 21 Bronco Sport Outerbanks. And of course the fuel door doesnt lock. There are reports of criminals drilling holes thru gas tanks near Seattle. I think not having a locking gas cap or plug in the BS is a mistake. Anyone find an alternative locking gas cap?
To be honest, I'd rather pay for a few gallons of fuel than repair a hole drilled in my tank.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The local news this AM had a story about people willing to drill holes in tanks for gas. Locking caps don't matter if someone is determined, and it sounds like it could actually lead to a big repair bill if someone thinks a drill is easier than a lock. People are willing to cut off catalytics too. The car features an anti-siphon fill neck (this is why they give you a funnel). Lock seems at most as helpful as "The Club" which is almost not at all helpful against a determined thief.
Ford Bronco Sport Does the BS fuel door lock or not? Anyone else concerned about this? 31X9TdKgYrL._AC_SX355_

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Not to mention that the filler is designed to make siphoning mostly unworkable. In fact I suspect that Gas Stealers Monthly has the BS listed under “drill” rather than “siphon”.

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
Picked up my BS OB last night. Just tried and the fuel door opens even when BS is locked. During my pre-delivery walk-thru I specifically asked about locking fuel door. Salesperson said it locked with the doors but some people were opting for the locking cap.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My Mustang had the same fuel door. Never had a problem but I don't like it. I'm not too* worry about someone stealing fuel, is just having the car too expose to vandalism by adding something else into the tank.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
I totally agree. I keep the car in the back yard, but there are times when the car is out of sight. An open door on a car, gas cap, house is in invitation. It is an issue and it’s not hard to defeat the siphon proof door? This is an oversight on FoMoCo And should be addressed if I’m leaving the vehicle unattended on a hiking trip or hunting trip. Gas is now $5.80 a gallon in Los Angele, so the stuff ain’t cheap and is only going up in price!

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
This must be a genuine concern. I am on a Chevy Colorado discussion forum (the BS is my wife's, my truck is a Colly), and there was a long discussion that started a few days ago about locking gas caps.
Sponsored