Does the Bronco Sport have a digital speedometer option?

Junderwood20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Hey everyone, I’m considering buying a Bronco Sport within the next week. Currently looking at a Big Bend model. I’m switching from a 2019 Honda CR-V, and one thing I really like about the model is the digital speedometer. I know it’s nit-picky, but I’ve gotten pampered with the digital speedometer over the analog. I’ve looked at pictures of the Bronco Sport and saw the analog speedometer, but some pictures appeared to show a digital speedometer in the center as well. Is the digital only for cruise control, or is it available at all times?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yes. And it’s available all the time. I should add that is in my Badlands trim.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hey everyone, I’m considering buying a Bronco Sport within the next week. Currently looking at a Big Bend model. I’m switching from a 2019 Honda CR-V, and one thing I really like about the model is the digital speedometer. I know it’s nit-picky, but I’ve gotten pampered with the digital speedometer over the analog. I’ve looked at pictures of the Bronco Sport and saw the analog speedometer, but some pictures appeared to show a digital speedometer in the center as well. Is the digital only for cruise control, or is it available at all times?
I have a base model and also have it

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It has the normal analog speedometer but one of the options for the center screen is the digital speed, that's how I drive and normally never look at the analog.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Here you can see how the Big Bend looks like while driving with the digital speed on, start at min 5.
For OB and BL that screen is bigger and have more options.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Is this going to become an old man vs. young gun thing? I remember when digital speedos first came out and people hated them because you actually had to read them instead of the analog where you just got used to where the dial should be for a specific speed. Same thing with the tachometers.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is this going to become an old man vs. young gun thing? I remember when digital speedos first came out and people hated them because you actually had to read them instead of the analog where you just got used to where the dial should be for a specific speed. Same thing with the tachometers.
This is my first car with digital speed and is not a big deal. At the beginning didn't even use it cuz I found unnecessary having the speed reading twice. Is just in a better position to look while driving and don't see any other option relevant enough to keep it permanent in the screen.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
This is my first car with digital speed and is not a big deal. At the beginning didn't even use it cuz I found unnecessary having the speed reading twice. Is just in a better position to look while driving and don't see any other option relevant enough to keep it permanent in the screen.
I keep mine in Calm or Fuel Economy. Old school, I guess. I still don’t see the need of a tach when it’s an automatic. I also don’t understand the paddle shifters on an automatic.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My issue is I drive by feel, and this thing at 85 feels like my Escape at does at 55. You can read between the lines on that. Oh, and the Waze app always shows my speed in red. :cool:

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I keep mine in Calm or Fuel Economy. Old school, I guess. I still don’t see the need of a tach when it’s an automatic. I also don’t understand the paddle shifters on an automatic.
Any form of manual shifter will save your brakes when you drive a lot of small mountain roads like I do. Paddles keep your hands on the wheel when shifting. The tach helps for when to shift. I guess that I'm a lot "older school" than most.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Any form of manual shifter will save your brakes when you drive a lot of small mountain roads like I do. Paddles keep your hands on the wheel when shifting. The tach helps for when to shift. I guess that I'm a lot "older school" than most.
I was taught to listen to the engine for shifting. I like the paddle in theory. My problem with manual was the clutch. Bad knees, especially the left one. I discovered in the 80’s that my knee couldn’t withstand the clutching motion, so I went to automatic. 🤷‍♀️
Sponsored