How many days does it take the factory to build a Bronco Sport?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
My '23 OBX went into production on Monday the 5th. How many days does it take the factory before the vehicle is built?
Sponsored

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
My '23 OBX went into production on Monday the 5th. How many days does it take the factory before the vehicle is built?
I think it only takes a couple days to actually build the vehicle. When you get notified itā€™s built is another story.

OP
OP
Mrmike

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I'm eligible for the military appreciation bonus ($500) but have to buy the vehicle before January 3. Don't think that will happen.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
2 days to build from body shop all the way to inspection, this is if everything is perfect and goes to plan. It then goes to the yard and awaits shipping. Escape factory rolls a vehicle off the line every minute

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
FYI only, remember this was a year ago, lots could change. This how my saga went.
This is only hearsay, so do not take as fact.
Body panels have to be stamped and welded, and painted.
Then when painted body heads "down the line" to be mated up with the rest of vehicle, interior wiring, etc is when it's "in production".

My 22 OB status was"
Sticker available 12/14/21
"in production" 12/22/21.
"built" 12/23/21 -- I'm retired so spent lots of this day watching my Ford Pass app and a web site that is no longer available and was able to "see" my OB's computer come "alive" 12/23/21 mid day.
"Shipped" 12/28/21 - another forum member tracked our rail car thru Illinois on it's way from Mexico to FL ???
Delivered to dealer late 1/28/22. (St Augustine, FL) I took it home 1/31/22

Now will yours avoid the latest recall? The 1.5L is built in Romania isn't it? How long does it take to be shipped from Romania to Mexico? Then will any of the pre-recall engines be installed in 23 BS's and "parked" like so many were back in the summer for a chip hold?? who knows for sure. If it does get to the dealer and has an "old injectors" with potential leaky injector it will certainly be in a "stop sale" status until recall procedure is completed.
Not trying to cast any doubt, but just wondering....
Hope you get yours on schedule and you get a good one!

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
It's not the build time you should be concerned about..............

It's the 6-9 months to get the damn thing........... šŸ˜‚

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My '23 OBX went into production on Monday the 5th.
A change in status doesn't mean that much. It only means you've entered you production week. Once the body parts come out of paint and go on the line it takes approximately 2 shifts for the vehicle to be built. After it's built it will be a day or so (or could be more, it's random) to finish QC and receive a "built" status.

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
On Tuesday Nov 29 my tracker changed to "in production. " my build week was Dec 5, so I assumed "in production " meant it was about to get the window sticker, parts were being gathered, and the build week would most likely stick. Since it's Friday off that week now, I checked the tracker again just to see if there had been a change, and now there's a date of December 7 beside "in production." Do you think I can assume that's the day they actually started the build?

Ford Bronco Sport How many days does it take the factory to build a Bronco Sport? Screenshot_20221209-093406_Samsung Internet

Ford Bronco Sport How many days does it take the factory to build a Bronco Sport? Screenshot_20221204-105257_Samsung Internet

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
On Tuesday Nov 29 my tracker changed to "in production. " my build week was Dec 5, so I assumed "in production " meant it was about to get the window sticker, parts were being gathered, and the build week would most likely stick. Since it's Friday off that week now, I checked the tracker again just to see if there had been a change, and now there's a date of December 7 beside "in production." Do you think I can assume that's the day they actually started the build?

Ford Bronco Sport How many days does it take the factory to build a Bronco Sport? Screenshot_20221209-093406_Samsung Internet

Ford Bronco Sport How many days does it take the factory to build a Bronco Sport? Screenshot_20221204-105257_Samsung Internet
That would be my guess. Even though you get a scheduled week, you get an actual day in that week.

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have been fortunate and have not had many delays compared to some folks on this forum. I ordered my OBX in Cactus Gray with moonroof, tech package, and trailer hitch on 9/16. The first production date was scheduled for 11/21, then moved to 12/5, and then last week moved to 12/12. I checked the Ford portal, and the Bronco is "in production" with a window sticker now. My dealer in Louisburg, KS told me that once it is built, it will probably take about a month by rail from Mexico. Overall, my wait time is minimal compared to others. I am in no rush either.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Are they really shipping from Mexico to Texas?

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I just got done chatting with Ford. They confirmed that it's on its way via Railcar from Ferrocarril Mexicano. ETA 12/29/2022 to 01/04/23
Sponsored