sullivan.mary0228

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Can anyone tell me if they've figured out how to turn this off permanently?! For the life of me I can't figure it out, but if I have to i'll keep pressing the off button every time I turn my car on I will.
Sponsored

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
Somebody makes a defeat that plugs in-line with the DLC for $100

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I got used to mine and learned how to control it.
Like If I was expecting a drag race off a stop light.
Pull up to a stop, engine stops, I wait for the right time,
Turn lane next to me goes off, I'm next,
I ease up on the brake, the engine starts but before I roll off I re apply the brake and now I'm cocked and ready to fire.

(The Auto stop/start will not reset until you go up to 5 or 6 mph)
Other thing I read In here, attach any low drain thing, small light, to the rear USB and It will keep the engine running. But I'm not that Into it.

WILD HORSES

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos and more Broncos
I don't care for the auto on/off either. I think Sport mode shuts it off without pressing the button on the dash. At least that seems to be what I've noticed.

Jim

Kokopelli

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport, FJ Cruiser, Yamaha Kodiak
yes it defaults to normal. So it’s either a button/dial turn each time if you don’t want auto engine stop. I understand people would rather purchase a device to permanently disable the feature, but the standard disable button is so easily accessible for me.. so close to the engine start button. It’s not really an issue for me..

That's what my wife says. I've yet to drive the Bronco, so I'll have to check it out. I do think that a simple push-button would suffice.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have noticed that over the last couple of days my auto start/stop doesn't work from time to time (typically I'm in Normal mode and I switch over to Eco when I'm leaving for work). I have turned the switch on/off and there is no change (it stays running) then all of sudden yesterday it started working again and it was working this AM for a little bit, I pulled up to a stop light and it stayed running. I turned the switch off & on, no change.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I have noticed that over the last couple of days my auto start/stop doesn't work from time to time (typically I'm in Normal mode and I switch over to Eco when I'm leaving for work). I have turned the switch on/off and there is no change (it stays running) then all of sudden yesterday it started working again and it was working this AM for a little bit, I pulled up to a stop light and it stayed running. I turned the switch off & on, no change.
It won't turn off if there is a demand such as A/C, fan, heated seat, heated steering wheel, etc. Or maybe if your stereo is turned up loud and it needs extra juice ?.

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It won't turn off if there is a demand such as A/C, fan, heated seat, heated steering wheel, etc. Or maybe if your stereo is turned up loud and it needs extra juice ?.
Thanks for the info! I'll pay closer attention the next time and see if I can pinpoint the cause.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got used to mine and learned how to control it.
Like If I was expecting a drag race off a stop light.
Pull up to a stop, engine stops, I wait for the right time,
Turn lane next to me goes off, I'm next,
I ease up on the brake, the engine starts but before I roll off I re apply the brake and now I'm cocked and ready to fire.

(The Auto stop/start will not reset until you go up to 5 or 6 mph)
Other thing I read In here, attach any low drain thing, small light, to the rear USB and It will keep the engine running. But I'm not that Into it.
Cool thing about that "defeat" module that plugs into the OBDII connector -- at least the one I saw -- it really just defaults the button to OFF on startup. It otherwise functions the same, you have access to auto start/stop enabled, then disabled anytime you want by pressing the button.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sport mode is not a good solution -- it always revs so much higher and longer, lots of noise and waste. Fun I guess, but sometimes you just want to drive, and maybe more peacefully while spending a little less on fuel. While not good for road use, I'm guessing 1 or more of the other off-road modes also disable auto start/stop? (Maybe Rock Crawl?)
Sponsored