SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Trying to find some more information about this strange thing that's happened a few times with my '22 OBX. Usually, the seatbelt/backup sensor chimes play through the radio speaker, but sometimes, they sound tinny and as if they're coming from behind the gear cluster. The only evidence I've found of this happening was on this thread, and I'm wondering if anyone has any more info.

The chime normally plays through the sound system speakers. Under certain conditions (battery low?) it may play over a small piezo speaker on the dash instead. It sounds like yours switched from one to the other--which way I don't know.
I don't believe there would be any reason for my battery to be low either of the times it has happened, especially since one of the times was right after a short destination stop. Seems somewhat random. Anyone else had this happen? Thanks.
Sponsored

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Trying to find some more information about this strange thing that's happened a few times with my '22 OBX. Usually, the seatbelt/backup sensor chimes play through the radio speaker, but sometimes, they sound tinny and as if they're coming from behind the gear cluster. The only evidence I've found of this happening was on this thread, and I'm wondering if anyone has any more info.

I don't believe there would be any reason for my battery to be low either of the times it has happened, especially since one of the times was right after a short destination stop. Seems somewhat random. Anyone else had this happen? Thanks.
There have been several instances of people talking about a phantom drain on the battery, best as I can tell there is no known cause of the issue though there have been mentions of the same battery being involved, and several people have said they suspect an issue with the sync 3 system, but these phantom drains could cause a low battery for no apparent reason which could be causing your issue