JennyB1977

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Spott
N/M called a different dealership and they do install....
Sponsored

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
OP
OP
JennyB1977

JennyB1977

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Spott
So y'all are going to buy the hitch and have U-haul install it? I was told the whole bumper has to be removed. Are you not planning on doing the wiring kit?

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
From everything i read u haul might be way to go
FYI make sure if setting an online reservation you call and confirm with Uhual. My local one canceled my reservation that was placed 3 weeks in advance the day before it was set because the tech said he wouldn’t do a Bronco Sport. They gave me a song and dance about not doing new vehicles blah blah blah. Had to scramble to find someone else to do it since the next day was my only day off to do it.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Super easy install if you are mechanically inclined; depending on what hitch you get you don't have to remove the bumper. Part # CMF13474 is the curt hitch which does not require the removal of the bumper. I bought the OEM wiring kit from Ford and it was a lot of splicing and work; so I opted for the
ZCI Zero Contact ModuLite & Installation Kit from Uhaul ( and they have a video of how to install on a Badlands; super easy) only down side its almost $200 for the wiring kit.

Good luck either way....🤙

Ivan Nigro Yague

Badlands
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi…
You guys know witch one giver more rear clearance (better exit angle) between U Haul, Curt and Draw Tite hitchs? Witch one will be more high from floor?
Cherrs

Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
N/M called a different dealership and they do install....
I just asked my dealer to install a hitch and they told me it would be alot cheaper to have a local trailer, truck accessory place do it , I know of this place they do good work and have been around for decades, it might be the best for people to find a reputable truck accessory place for this, I would not trust u haul

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I just asked my dealer to install a hitch and they told me it would be alot cheaper to have a local trailer, truck accessory place do it , I know of this place they do good work and have been around for decades, it might be the best for people to find a reputable truck accessory place for this, I would not trust u haul
Actually, U-Haul probably installs way more hitches than your dealer. Unless you have actual reviews, I would not be so quick to judge.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just had mine installed by U-Haul in Colonie NY. Guy did an incredible job in about 45 minutes. Looks great and no hassle. I'd much prefer them over my local dealer....it's what they do!

cgreen5150

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It's really a pretty easy job. It looks way more intimidating than it is. There's a guy on YouTube that has a great video on how to do it. I ordered the Ford hitch from the dealer and had it completed in about an hour. I didn't do the wiring kit because I doubt I will actually tow anything with it. I use the hitch for my bike rack. My wife thought I was crazy ripping apart the back of the Bronco after having it for only about a week, but again, it looks worse than it really is.
Ford Bronco Sport Dealer won't install Trailer Hitch? Bronco Hitch 1
Ford Bronco Sport Dealer won't install Trailer Hitch? Bronco Hitch 2
Ford Bronco Sport Dealer won't install Trailer Hitch? Bronco Hitch 3
Ford Bronco Sport Dealer won't install Trailer Hitch? Bronco Hitch 4
Ford Bronco Sport Dealer won't install Trailer Hitch? Bronco Hitch 5

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
There is a good YouTube out there that shows the step on how to install it yourself. Worth a watch to see how its done. Not difficult, but watching the vid will give you an idea as to if its within your skill sets and tool box.
Sponsored

Last edited: