Grease

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Ordered my Bronco Sport in June 2020 and it arrived in Dec 2020. Only have about 500 miles on it. Why is it that when you place your order and then go to the dealer they don't listen to what you want and just give you what they want. I asked for the larger engine and a tow package and rubber floor mats and got none of that. Disappointed in what they sold me. I like the Bronco Sport but dissatisfied with the dealer switch on what I ordered.
Sponsored

BroncoSportVA

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sorry to hear that. If this is of use to future buyers: we went through all the options we wanted on our own on Ford's website (trim, color, tow package, mud flaps, etc) and printed out the whole thing. We then took the printout to the salesperson and sat down with him and went over the items one by one. We then asked for the printout of the order he made. When the car came, we checked it for all the things we wanted and refused to pay for 1 thing (carpet) that we didn't ask for.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I have 5 Ford dealerships within a 10 mile radius of my house and live in a metro area of 300,000. Because of the crap I have dealt with in the past from these dealers, I drive 21 miles to a dealership located in a farming community, to get great customer service. They have always ordered my vehicles to my specs. The ones nearer to my house want you buy what their sales manager has decided that people want or find one that is close to what you want.

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Posts like this make me appreciate my dealership, sales rep, sales manager and general manager even more. Over the years, I think we have purchased/leased close to a dozen new vehicles. If they don't hear from us, we get a call from them to see how things are going. When we express an interest in a new vehicle, they ask what we want in it, what color then they do the voodoo to find it. We've never had to give a deposit, we have never had a vehicle in for service that they didn't offer a courtesy vehicle and I don't remember the last time I paid for an oil change. I would never, ever jeopardize that relationship. Bonus - The dealership is about 10 minutes away.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Hmmm… Of course we all realize orders for a 2020 BS couldn’t be “reserved” until mid-July, online only, with a $100 deposit. Actual orders occurred way after reservations.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ordered my Bronco Sport in June 2020 and it arrived in Dec 2020. Only have about 500 miles on it. Why is it that when you place your order and then go to the dealer they don't listen to what you want and just give you what they want. I asked for the larger engine and a tow package and rubber floor mats and got none of that. Disappointed in what they sold me. I like the Bronco Sport but dissatisfied with the dealer switch on what I ordered.
I'm in Tennessee too. What trim and color is it? If you find one more suitable, I know a few folks that might be interested if you decide to part with it.

WoodmanMN

Base
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I don't understand the order of operation here...
Did you do an actual order, where you specced out what you want? Did you specify which model you want (I think only the Badlands is available with the 2.0 motor, I don't see it as optional on the other models and you can't get a "new" first edition anymore).
If you did make an actual order on a Badlands, and put money down, why did you you accept a lower model with the smaller motor?

If you actually placed an order and waited for it to be fulfilled, and accepted a lesser model, that's entirely on you. If they somehow hoodwinked you and pushed you out the door with a lesser model, you may have some legal recourse, but again, if you actually accepted a lesser model than what you ordered, that's entirely on you.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would imagine you would have received a conformation sheet of your order. Did you start the order online or just go into a dealership. As mentioned, only two models have the 2.0 liter engine, the Badlands and the First Edition, did you order either of those models, it would be on your conformation sheet along with package options you say you asked for.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So you ordered Bronco Sport and did not realize it wasn't ordered correctly until it got delivered? But you bought it anyway but now not happy about 'the scam'? Ok yeah that makes a lot of sense....

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
As a couple of the posters here have indicated there is something off with this "Dealer Scam" post. I didn't think you could actually order a Bronco Sport in June 2020. There is no mention of what trim level the OP ordered, anybody else on this forum when asked what they ordered would say: I ordered a Badlands with Badlands package, 360+, tow pkg, etc. And why wait 7 months to complain about it The OP joined the forum today and only has one post, this one. A valid dealer order or reservation has a pretty easy to follow paper trail, the buyer should have paper in their hand that shows exactly what was ordered.

OP
OP
Grease

Grease

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I'm in Tennessee too. What trim and color is it? If you find one more suitable, I know a few folks that might be interested if you decide to part with it.
It is Grey with black trim. I would sell it if they would pay 1500.00 and take over the payments from Ford.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It is Grey with black trim. I would sell it if they would pay 1500.00 and take over the payments from Ford.
Grey with black trim. Now we all know exactly what you have.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.