Bamster00

Badlands
First Name
Bam Bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Good to know. So far my quote with X-plan and minor incentive is just under MSRP before fees. Probably will end up close to sticker but he assured me they can wiggle some stuff and make up the contract before delivery to find the best options.
I found a Costco dealer which was a long way off, and after presenting payment estimates from the x plan, he hung up and hasn't called back. I'm guessing his guarantee that costco was better than X-plan was off by a few bucks. Found another Costco dealer much closer but over the state line, their taxes are higher so I didn't even bother following up.
I would ask the out of state dealer about how the taxes work, I'm pretty sure I'm paying my instate tax rate, not the out of state taxes even though the dealer is there. Still I don't know how great a Costco dealer would be since the experience is supposed to be "no haggle" - so pretty inflexible.
Sponsored

scottfwalter

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Couple of dealers in the DFW area think it's normal practice to raise prices above MSRP for the Badlands because it difficult to find. One even seems proud they sold one for 10k more.

Sure someone may pay it because they are in the moment. Once they get it home and it sinks in that they were taken advantage of they won't use that dealer again.

I think these dealers are only thinking Of short term gains and not the the long term.

she

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru outback
I live in SoCal there’s pry 10 Ford dealers in the he Inland Empire alone out here. Some have discounted advertised prices and some had markups as high as $8k. Chino Hills Ford had a base model with no add ons for $34k...my jaw dropped
Thats disgusting..the mark up

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Have to stop by and see it when I come out to Sioux Falls Next weekend in my new BS BL. Got haul some stuff for youngest Daughter. Would like to see what rapid red really looks like.
I like it, they have it on the Mustangs also.

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Have to stop by and see it when I come out to Sioux Falls Next weekend in my new BS BL. Got haul some stuff for youngest Daughter. Would like to see what rapid red really looks like.
I'm snagging a 1st Edition in Cactus Gray that a guy backed out of. Supposed to be built this coming week.

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
I'm snagging a 1st Edition in Cactus Gray that a guy backed out of. Supposed to be built this coming week.
Mine should be here Monday unless BNSF decided to take an extensive tour of Casper Wyo. It was in Casper Fri morning should at least get to Billings by Sunday. Trucked from there to Rapid. I got Carbonized grey. I spend a bit of time agate hunting in the middle of nowhere. Rather the vehicle didn't stand out. Rapid red was my second choice. Hope you get yours soon.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Good to know. So far my quote with X-plan and minor incentive is just under MSRP before fees. Probably will end up close to sticker but he assured me they can wiggle some stuff and make up the contract before delivery to find the best options.
I found a Costco dealer which was a long way off, and after presenting payment estimates from the x plan, he hung up and hasn't called back. I'm guessing his guarantee that costco was better than X-plan was off by a few bucks. Found another Costco dealer much closer but over the state line, their taxes are higher so I didn't even bother following up.
Why would the taxes from the purchase state matter? I've purchased 4 or 5 cars from out of state and only paid taxes for the state I'm registering the car in.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
When I ordered mine I get $500 rebate and dealers offered another $500 off of MSRP. I did not try and haggle and accepted that price. Even at $1,000 off of MSRP it gonna take a big hit in depreciation as soon as I pull it off the lot. I would never pay over sticker price for a new vehicle. But supplies are low and demand is high so dealers are going to be able to find buyers who are willing to pay it.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
A dealer that I inquired with back when I was searching followed back up with me. They have a BL and FE on the lot. The BL is being sold 3k over MSRP and FE 5k. But at least they honor the $500 Ford cash :D

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would ask the out of state dealer about how the taxes work, I'm pretty sure I'm paying my instate tax rate, not the out of state taxes even though the dealer is there. Still I don't know how great a Costco dealer would be since the experience is supposed to be "no haggle" - so pretty inflexible.
Yeah I wasn't really thinking the statement through. Bottom line it is a bit of an extra step where I am at. It wasn't worth asking another dealer to repeat the process. The dealer I went through had six other orders and stated his dealership does such high volume they get some perks and advantages. I guess if it pans out great. If not, I'm on the same path regardless. Order and wait out the process.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I would ask the out of state dealer about how the taxes work, I'm pretty sure I'm paying my instate tax rate, not the out of state taxes even though the dealer is there.
I have bought two new vehicles out of state, one in Georgia and one in North Carolina. In both cases, they just gave me the MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin), and I paid the Tennessee and local taxes when I applied for tags/title.

Last edited:

JonMach12

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mini Coupe
So every ford dealer that I inquire for bronco sport has a mark up of $5,000-10,000 which is insanely high! The badlands in cyber orange with off road tire ended up out the door price of $40,000 without the badlands package. Is anyone having the same experience with these dealer mark ups??
I’m looking at a badlands that’ll arrive at the dealerships in about two weeks. Salesman told me it’s selling price is $46,015. He sent me the window sticker and it’s $39,020. Almost $7000 in mark up. I’ll wait.

Ford Bronco Sport Dealer mark up price 9A72A018-CC19-4002-9E24-EAC1B3AE8B94

Ford Bronco Sport Dealer mark up price E0D6FB53-6C82-4D3F-A411-59A08546E3E0

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
No way I'll pay anything over MSRP on anything but a true collectible. The BS will be as common as same model year Escapes in a couple of years and won't hold any special resale value.

In fact, I'd blacklist that dealer if I lived there and never buy anything from them. Just think how good they'll treat after the sale. You'll be the guy they laugh at for paying $7600 over sticker!

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
So every ford dealer that I inquire for bronco sport has a mark up of $5,000-10,000 which is insanely high! The badlands in cyber orange with off road tire ended up out the door price of $40,000 without the badlands package. Is anyone having the same experience with these dealer mark ups??
Oh wow! Supply and demand at work. I'm glad I got mine in March. Right after I got my second vaccine, I got this severe new car fever and had to get the medicine.
Sponsored

Last edited: