Sldavid

Big Bend
First Name
Sankalp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hello. I was wondering if any of you have faced the same issue as me. Whenever I drive at speeds beyond 40-50km/hr with rear windows down, there is very heavy/deafening noise combing from the back. All I can think is that combination of wind and car structure is creating such noise. Anyone else saved such issue? Any idea how to fix it?
Sponsored

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Hello. I was wondering if any of you have faced the same issue as me. Whenever I drive at speeds beyond 40-50km/hr with rear windows down, there is very heavy/deafening noise combing from the back. All I can think is that combination of wind and car structure is creating such noise. Anyone else saved such issue? Any idea how to fix it?
In previous cars I've owned, and my current BS BL, when I have the driver's window open, I also open the rear passenger window at least 1 or 2inches on the same side as the front window that is open. This minimizes the cyclic buffeting and noise.
This is not a new phenomenon.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Although it’s discussed in the owners manual. I agree with you, out of any vehicle I’ve driven I’ve never had it be almost unaffected by me rolling down other windows at those speeds lol. Makes my head feel like it’s gonna explode haha.

Ford Bronco Sport Deafening noise when rear windows down IMG_3807

OP
OP

Sldavid

Big Bend
First Name
Sankalp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
In previous cars I've owned, and my current BS BL, when I have the driver's window open, I also open the rear passenger window at least 1 or 2inches on the same side as the front window that is open. This minimizes the cyclic buffeting and noise.
In my previous car (sedan) wind noise was there but not at such a level. I really think it might be due to the structure of the car.
Although it’s discussed in the owners manual. I agree with you, out of any vehicle I’ve driven I’ve never had it be almost unaffected by me rolling down other windows at those speeds lol. Makes my head feel like it’s gonna explode haha.

Ford Bronco Sport Deafening noise when rear windows down IMG_3807
yes. And it’s more prevalent when I lower both the windows.

OP
OP

Sldavid

Big Bend
First Name
Sankalp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It becomes more prevalent when I open both windows. And as I have a dog, I open it for to the half.

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This is pretty normal for vehicles with this general shape. I have it with my current Expedition and had it with a Suburban and a Jeep XJ. I find that lowering the front passenger window a few inches helps considerably.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
I tend not to run my air conditioner much in the summer - and the Sport seems to buffet more than other cars I have had on the highway. I usually run on the highway with both rear windows half open and then crack the passenger front about an inch and the noise goes away. Experiment a bit, you should be able to find a sweet spot...

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What I have found is that opposite windows being opened helps with the buffeting sound. I tend to have the driver rear and front passenger down, or vice versa. Although I do have immaculate hair, so I hardly ever keep my driver window down :cwl:

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
My family’s Toyota Sienna minivan does this. My dog is not happy that I won’t roll down the back window for him because of it lol

NoOneHereYet

Badlands
First Name
NoOne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands

I threw on the low profile window air deflectors, haven't thought about it since. Made a huge difference.

After market they are fairly cheap, usually $40-50, ford sells them for $89.

https://accessories.ford.com/bronco-sport-2021-low-profile-4pc-smoke-side-window-air-deflectors
Sponsored