Biskit

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a 2021 BS Badlands and I just noticed during the day when the running lights are on and you put your turn signal on, the running light on that same side turns off when the turn signal is turned on. It makes it look like your headlight is burnt out. Is everyone’s like this?
Sponsored

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Yup. And at night when blinker comes on, headlight and runner stay on .. runner only turns off during day. I just noticed a couple months ago myself

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Pretty standard for DRL functionality. It makes the turn signal easier to see for those in front of you. That being said, if the DRL is far away from the turn signal, then they might not turn off when signaling.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have a 2021 BS Badlands and I just noticed during the day when the running lights are on and you put your turn signal on, the running light on that same side turns off when the turn signal is turned on. It makes it look like your headlight is burnt out. Is everyone’s like this?
Yep, same here.... looks like your winking at traffic.......

Ramseyi

Badlands
First Name
Ramsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Every time I drive my BL, I always thought of that especially if you are in front of traffic lights making left or right turn people think its burnt or defective lol.. now I'm used to it. I've seen many different cars do the same. But I wish it wasn't design like that.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
if you are driving, how do you see the headlights? LOL
I have a OPT7 lightbar on my Ram and people complained (when installing them) about the Un synced turn signals and light bar. I thought I can't see it so why would I care about the syncing?
This is actually pretty common with most new vehicles that have LED's headlamps.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have a OPT7 lightbar on my Ram and people complained (when installing them) about the Un synced turn signals and light bar. I thought I can't see it so why would I care about the syncing?
This is actually pretty common with most new vehicles that have LED's headlamps.
if you are driving, how do you see the headlights?
When your behind a nice shiny car in traffic waiting to turn..... :wink:

OP
OP
Biskit

Biskit

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I see it in the reflection in the car in front of me! That how I found out about it

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Every time I drive my BL, I always thought of that especially if you are in front of traffic lights making left or right turn people think its burnt or defective lol.. now I'm used to it. I've seen many different cars do the same. But I wish it wasn't design like that.
I used to think every charger headlight was out in turning lane till i bought one lol

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yes, same with most vehicles. Idea is makes the turn signal more visible for those that still use them!

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
But why does the runner stay on at night when turning.. the headlight is on. Just wish runnet stayed on to

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
But why does the runner stay on at night when turning.. the headlight is on. Just wish runnet stayed on to
Probably because at night the contrast is good so the DRL’s don’t need to be shut off.
Sponsored