Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Had a client in my car and he placed a folio on my dash. Found three scratches/marks on the soft rubber dash material on the passenger side where he placed it. I think it was his fingernails that scraped it as he scooped it up. I tried interior detail spray with a microfiber but the marks remain. Does anyone have experience with this material for possibly reducing or removing the scratches? They seem superficial and not gouged in.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You can try a blow dryer or heat gun. Heating plastic can soften it enough to self-heal. Disclaimer: be careful with a heat gun--they can get hot enough to melt plastic.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have no idea if this product will work so use at your own risk.

If you can try this product on similar material in a non conspicuous area before trying on the dash might give you confidence it may work on the dash.

Be sure to follow instructions exactly and look over the review comments for hints on how to use.

NOVUS-PK1-8OZ-PM | Plastic Clean & Shine #1, Fine Scratch Remover #2, Heavy Scratch Remover #3, and Extra Polish Mates Pack | 8 Ounce Bottles https://a.co/d/6zWhmbO

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Had a client in my car and he placed a folio on my dash. Found three scratches/marks on the soft rubber dash material on the passenger side where he placed it. I think it was his fingernails that scraped it as he scooped it up. I tried interior detail spray with a microfiber but the marks remain. Does anyone have experience with this material for possibly reducing or removing the scratches? They seem superficial and not gouged in.
Light rubbing with dryer sheet. It worked great because you apply pressure as needed. I did that to remove scratches dog left in my FJ Cruiser. I did not want to use heat gun and melt.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
If its the same material as the side of the door where the handles are, kind of a rough plastic feel, I usually get a damp soft towel and rub it away. Unless its a deep scratch, it may not be remedied just because of the texture of the plastic. Heatgun, is the last resort I would use just to avoid melting the plastic all together lol.
Sponsored