Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Seems too one-size fits all. It covers the B&O speakers were I to put that on mine, and if the pic is accurate, looks like it covers the somewhat useful tray behind the touchscreen. The dash material seems OK. What is the purpose of the mat?

OP
OP
Stallion

Stallion

Big Bend
First Name
Drea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The factory-made surface has small indentures along the material, I just find it difficult to have to dust off frequently. Having a smooth surface to vacuum/wipe down would make the process easier. I didn't even realize this was a thing, I'm just very protective my BB haha.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Never seen more than 3 or 4 in 30 years of driving.
Probably more common in hotter areas. I used to see them a lot growing up. My Grand parents had them in their cars. There used to be OEM offerings for dash covers from 80s-90s.

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Probably more common in hotter areas. I used to see them a lot growing up. My Grand parents had them in their cars. There used to be OEM offerings for dash covers from 80s-90s.
The only dash cover we will buy are from Dash Designs. We have used them in several vehicles and the fit is perfect. Just bought one for the BS in their suede material, looks great. When I ordered they didnt have the BS listed on their website, I had to call them. Prior to finding Dash Designs we had bought other brands, sent them back due to poor fit...
Joe in NH

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
The factory-made surface has small indentures along the material, I just find it difficult to have to dust off frequently. Having a smooth surface to vacuum/wipe down would make the process easier. I didn't even realize this was a thing, I'm just very protective my BB haha.
https://www.amazon.com/Original-California-Car-Duster-Black/dp/B006B376WK/ref=asc_df_B006B376WK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312105316935&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3633208540700998352&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015272&hvtargid=pla-633832161317&psc=1

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Dash covers used to be pretty common. They were used to help block the sun so the dash wouldn't cook and crack. Or they'd be used to cover up a cracked dash.

Ford Bronco Sport Dash Cover 40790
flashback to the 1960s

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Absolutely. I've seen hundreds of them over the years.

xlite

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I live in Socal and use these on all my vehicles. Prevents the dash from cracking and helps keep things cooler. I have noticed in my sport it gets so hot I can feel it over the AC. It is jet black and soaks up the sun. As far as your speakers go, it is a piece of thin carpet. Your speakers will blast right thru it. It will help prevent the sun from cracking your speaker cones also. Worse case scenario crank it up a notch. I have a dash mat on order and will be installing it soon on my new beast. Those car dusters still show up at Costco and are pretty common in SoCal. More dust then real weather most of the year here.

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm debating just making my own to accommodate the dash speakers since the above don't. Thoughts/suggestions/cheers or jeers on this idea?? Thanks y'all!
No jeers, all cheers from me. Following along to see where this lands. The main miss on the BS is the deep black, heat sink that is the dashboard. It just radiates heat into the cabin and while I'm not dead yet, it's low-level killing me.

The cover in the link doesn't jump out to me. A BS cut in something like this would be cool, but it seems like a waiting game until model-specific options are available. Until then, I've been toying with covering the dash with artificial grass, ala this masterpiece...

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
No jeers, all cheers from me. Following along to see where this lands. The main miss on the BS is the deep black, heat sink that is the dashboard. It just radiates heat into the cabin and while I'm not dead yet, it's low-level killing me.

The cover in the link doesn't jump out to me. A BS cut in something like this would be cool, but it seems like a waiting game until model-specific options are available. Until then, I've been toying with covering the dash with artificial grass, ala this masterpiece...
That would be epic!
Sponsored