ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Very easy install. Bungee corded the muffler to the springs on each side. Fishing the spacer and bolt into frame is simple; just angle it as you pust them thru. NO DRILLING NEEDED LIKE UHAUL STATES. Needed help just to hold one side of hitch as you get one bolt done on each side.

The only issue I have was cutting the plastic bumper ? I wish it wasn't needed but I understand to keep the departure clearance it was necessary. Wish the indentation on the bumpers were standard regardless of tow package purchase.
The diagram for the cut out is wrong you need to cut the top about 1/4" more for proper clearance. Started to fill my storage compartments. Ball hitch mount, tire patch kit; waterproof front seat covers for when I get muddy. Hitch shackle mount, lock hitch pin, tire deflators and air compressor ordered. Just need to figure how to fit that stuff and then my tools and recovery kit.

Ford Bronco Sport Curt Tow hitch installed 20210731_092327

Ford Bronco Sport Curt Tow hitch installed 20210731_110313

Ford Bronco Sport Curt Tow hitch installed 20210731_110258

Ford Bronco Sport Curt Tow hitch installed 20210801_102630

Ford Bronco Sport Curt Tow hitch installed 20210801_102733
Sponsored

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Where did you find the wire threads for the bolts?
Not 100% sure on this hitch but they usually come in the hitch hardware package.

ORG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the info, did you need to lift your Bronco at all? The U-haul install video has it up on ramps.

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Looks good! And thanks for the install tips! If you want a little more room in the spare tire area, take it and the jack out, flip the tire so it has the concave side up. Not a ton of extra room but made a difference for me it getting more gear there.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
This is the route I'll be taking. After selling my full sized truck I'm missing the ability to tow those few items that no longer fit in my Bronco Sport... I have a Badlands with every option but the tow hitch... would have traded in my sunroof for that, lol.

At first I thought I was going to have to do the whole take the bumper assembly apart route, but then came across this Curt brand and it's approach to installing a hitch.

Seems straight forward and no dealing with losing plastic bits and pieces that I always seem to break.
Sponsored